36

Annabeth decided to apologize to Elliot for taking the anger that was meant for Hisoka out on him. She felt horrible about it. When she reached Elliot's house, she began debating with herself about whether or not she should knock on the door.

"Don't be a wuss. You have to apologize to him." Annabeth said to herself. She took a deep breath and knocked on Elliot's door. In the darkest part of her heart, she hoped Elliot wasn't home. Her hopes were struck down when the knob began to turn. Elliot appeared in the door.

"Tiny? Why are you here?" asked Elliot a bit confusedly.

"I wanted to apologize." she spoke softly, "I took out my anger for Hisoka out on you when that wasn't my intention at all. I'm sorry." She looked up at Elliot who was smiling down at her. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly against his chest.

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad you're at least talking to me again." said Elliot happily, "Did you want to come in for some food? I just got a pizza." Annabeth smiled her old, friendly smile at him.

"That's okay. I'm needed at home. I'll see you at school, yeah?" she said. Elliot smiled back at her and nodded. He watched as Annabeth began to walk back to her house. When Annabeth had gotten back home, Illumi was sitting on the couch. When he saw Annabeth, he quickly got up to face her. Annabeth quickly ran up to Illumi and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry, Illumi." said Annabeth abruptly, "I know I should've told you from the beginning but I was scared. It was the first time you didn't have to take care of me or Kil. You were able to have fun with the girl you cared about and I didn't want to ruin that for you." Illumi was a bit surprised by Annabeth's sudden apology. He knows full well that his sister always means well.

"I'll always have time for you and Kil. Don't forget, you're my twin sister after all," said Illumi as he hugged his tiny sister back. Annabeth turned her head to see Killua sitting on the steps. Annabeth let go of Illumi and pulled Killua towards him.

"It's time for you two to make up," said Annabeth as she smiled and watched as the two stood awkwardly in front of each other. Killua sighed.

"Alright." he said rather begrudgingly, "I'm sorry." Illumi tried to hide a smile from showing on his face.

"It's fine. We're both protective," said Illumi as he pets his sister's head. Suddenly, he perked up as if he remembered something. He pulled out two bags and handed one to each of them. Annabeth looked in the bag and pulled out a beautiful, floral yukata. Killua pulled out another navy blue yukata. "The carnival is coming up soon. I know we all haven't gone in a while. So I thought, we'd all go this year." said Illumi. Both Annabeth and Killua's eyes lit up in excitement.

"Is it okay if I invite Elliot?" asked Annabeth excitedly.

"I don't see why not," Illumi replied. Annabeth quickly ran up to her room to text Elliot.

A: Hey, Elliot. Do you know the carnival that's coming up next week?

E: Yeah, why?

A: Illumi, Kil, and I are going. You wanna tag along? My brother got me and Kil yukatas. I can't wait to try it on.

E: Sure it sounds like fun.

Annabeth felt happy to spend some time with her brothers and friend without any sort of tension in the air. Everything seemed like it was turning around in the right direction for once.