42

Meanwhile, Annabeth had gotten home with her brothers. She stretched her arms over her head and yawned. She wore a smile on her face that couldn't be destroyed.
"That was fun. I'm going to go upstairs to change." Annabeth said as she jogged upstairs. Illumi followed Annabeth up to her room.
"I need to talk to you," Illumi said as he shut the door behind him.
"Is everything alright?" Annabeth asked worriedly.
"Yeah. I'm just worried about you. Isn't it a little soon for you to be dating again?" Illumi asked as he sat down on Annabeth's bed. Annabeth looked down unsure of what to say.
    "I don't want to live in fear of a repeat. Hisoka was a bad guy to begin with. I chose not to see that. Elliot is a good guy and he's been there for me nonstop. Hell, he was going to beat up Kara for me." Annabeth said.
"Overall, Hisoka got her expelled." Illumi responded.
"Then, he slept with her. What's your point?" Annabeth argued as she began to change out of her yukata into some sweatpants and a t-shirt.
"Despite he's misdoings, he was still there to help you a lot more than you seem to realize," Illumi said. Annabeth didn't respond. "Don't forget, Mom and Dad are coming home tomorrow. If you introduce Elliot to them and they like him, I'll drop the matter entirely."
"Why are you against it anyways?" Annabeth asked as she faced Illumi.
"I just don't want to see you get hurt again." Illumi responded, "We may be twins but I'm older." Annabeth sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.
"I'll bring Elliot by tomorrow. You had better keep your word on this." Annabeth said as she pushed Illumi out of her room.

Illumi walked back down stairs. Killua had already gone up to his room for the night. All that was left was to straighten up the house before their parents get home. As Illumi was doing some light cleaning, he could help but think about Elliot's last name.
"Why does that name give me a bad feeling?" Illumi thought to himself, "Carpenter... I know I've heard that name before." A knock on the door snapped Illumi from his thoughts. He looked at that clock that read 10:23 PM. "It's too early for Mother and Father to be back. Who the hell is it this late?" Illumi thought to himself as he approached the door. He turned the knob and pulled the door open to see Hisoka standing there with a serious look on his face. Illumi narrowed his eyes and glared at Hisoka. "I'm not letting you see Anneb-"
"I need to talk to you." Hisoka said cutting Illumi off.
"I don't have time for this shit," Illumi growled as he tried to shut the door. However Hisoka's hand stopped him.
"I was drugged. I never had any intention of sleeping with Kara!" Hisoka spat out. Illumi stopped and looked at Hisoka.
"Why would I believe you?" Illumi shot back.
"Before you and Annie arrived at the party I only had one beer. The second one I was sharing with Annie. You know me well enough to know a beer and a half isn't enough to get me drunk." Hisoka said hastily, "When I went to the bathroom, Kara cornered me and gave me a cupped filled with Vodka and something else to spike it."
"How do I know you're not lying?" Illumi said with a doubtful look on his face.
"I've been crazy about your sister since I met her remember?" Hisoka said, "Why would I want to screw that up?" Illumi thought about it carefully. He remembers how Hisoka would eye his sister and try to break down her walls. He never pulled any tricks or tried to be mean to his sister. He never purposely made her uncomfortable. He stood up for her and got rid of the girl who tormented her.
"I can't believe I'm saying this but I believe you."