-7-

Peter sat at his desk and tapped his pen against the desk. He was staring at the sonogram picture and didn't know exactly what he was looking at. He could see what looked like a baby, but it was still so small and alien-like. He reached out and grabbed the picture before looking at it closer. He examined every bit of the picture, before sitting it back down. He had made a mistake by not going to the appointment. He hadn't actually been busy. He just didn't leave to go to it. He was still freaked out by what Olivia said a few nights ago when she was half asleep. He wanted to be more than he was. He wanted to be the perfect father and the perfect boyfriend or whatever he was to Olivia. But there was no chance of him changing because he was so stuck in his ways. That's why he never got married to the girl he left in Chicago.

"Mr. Stone?" Peter's assistant, Judy questioned.

"Yes, Judy?" He asked.

"Detective Rollins is waiting out here. Would you like to see her, or should I tell her that you are busy?" The older woman asked.

"Uh, does she seem angry?" Peter asked, and Judy nodded.

"Yes, sir. I feel like it might have to do with Detective Benson..." Judy trailed off.

"Yeah. Okay. Well, send her in. If she hasn't left in 15 minutes, come in and tell me that I'm late for a meeting." Peter spoke, and Judy nodded before walking out of his office. He heard her say something to Amanda before the blonde detective came into Peter's office.

"We need to talk, Peter." She said, hissing his name.

"I assumed so. I'm also assuming that Olivia called you. Is this about me missing the appointment?" Peter asked as he relaxed back against his chair.

"Oh yeah. Like, why didn't you go?" Amanda huffed.

"I was busy, Rollins. I am the ADA for your precinct. I have different cases that people are fighting and then I have to try and get a lot of different warrants for different people." Peter spoke, as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Peter, she asked you to see your baby..." Amanda frowned. Peter drew in a sharp breath before looking back at the sonogram picture.

"Like I sai-"

"You weren't busy! You are just pushing her away and not even trying anymore! Peter, she loves you. She rarely opens up to people and trusts them, and she trusted you. She talked to me about how you were going to move in. How you guys said you loved each other. Then you use stupid excuses to hide from her." Amanda breathed. She shook her head a bit as Judy opened the door again.

"Mr. Stone, you have a meeting in 5 minutes." She spoke, and Amanda laughed.

"When Olivia would want someone to leave, she'd send me in and tell her that I needed her help with something. You just have fake appointments when there had been a real one earlier that was incredibly important to someone you claimed to love." 

---

Olivia quietly walked out of Noah's room after reading him a book until he fell asleep. She shut his door before turning off the hallway light and heading downstairs. She sank down onto the couch and covered her legs up with a warm blanket Elliot brought her when she was really sick when they were partners, and she just never gave it back and now it was still her favorite blanket.

She had never expected to get pregnant. When she and Elliot were still partners, they had talked about her adopting. They talked about how they wouldn't let her adopt because she wasn't what they were looking for. Then she had Calvin for a bit, and then, in the end, she got Noah. Noah was someone she dreamed about. He was perfect for her, and they had a great family. Then Olivia met Peter and it led to her finally being pregnant. She could feel small little flutters from her baby as she sat on the couch and she ran her fingertips over her stomach as she bit the inside of her cheek.

"I really fucked everything up for you, kid. I'm sorry, and I promise I'll be a good mom and dad to you if Peter flakes... I've done pretty well at being Noah's mom and dad. I think." She spoke, laughing a bit as she thought about all the fails she had had with Noah. She could remember not really thinking about Noah possibly peeing on her when she changed his diaper, and it ended up being the first thing he did when she got him home.

Olivia sat and ran her hand over her bump as she thought about how her own mother couldn't even be a good mother and father. She just sucked at being a parent in general. She promised Noah that she'd be a good mother to him, and Olivia knew that the moment she met her baby, she'd promise him or her the same thing.

A knock on the front door drew Olivia from her thoughts, and she slowly climbed off the couch. She opened the door and saw Fin standing there.

"Fin?" Olivia asked, as she held the door with one hand and draped her free arm over her stomach.

"I've been a real dick, Liv. I'm sorry... It just really sucks seeing you so confused and hurt and sick." Fin frowned. Olivia smiled as she stepped forward and hugged one of her oldest and best friends.

"Thanks, Fin. I needed this." She breathed, as she finally stepped back.

"Yeah, well I promise you that I'll try and accept your relationship with Peter. I already can't wait to meet that kid, so I don't need to promise to accept it." Fin spoke, as he tried to sound tough again.

"There is no relationship to accept. I just don't think it's going to work out, but thanks for coming over and telling me that."

"What?" He asked as he grew a little angry.

"Peter isn't ready to be a dad. He isn't ready to be in a relationship with me, and never will be. I hope he comes around for the baby, but there is no him coming around for me. I think the fact that I have a kid already kinda scared him." Olivia spoke, as she shrugged a bit.

"Wanna talk?" Fin asked, and Olivia laughed.

"I'm fine, but thanks again. I'll see you on Monday, okay?"

"Okay. Take care, baby girl."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D