-14-

"So, what did she say?" Olivia asked when she met Peter outside the nursery door.

"She said I'd regret being with you," Peter spoke. Olivia frowned as she crossed her arms over her stomach.

"Do you think she's right?" Olivia breathed. Peter shook his head as he stepped forward and hugged Olivia. He kissed her temple gently before speaking.

"I could never regret being with you. Trust me."

"Are you sure, Peter?" Olivia breathed. She hated feeling like this, but she still couldn't help being so unsure.

"I'm sure. Now, go back and do what you were doing. Noah and I will try and paint the room and not ourselves." He laughed softly.

---

Olivia started to grow paranoid after Kathryn showed up at their house. She started to feel like someone was always watching her when she was at the store or walking Noah into the school and when she'd pick him up at the end of the day. She felt like when she was at the courthouse, that someone was always there, but she just couldn't quite make them out in the crowd.

Peter noticed her nerves increase, and he knew that it wasn't great for her to be so nervous all the time.

"Peter, did you hear that?" Olivia whispered late one night. She had been sleeping like shit since Kathryn showed up, and now she was starting to hear things.

"Babe, I didn't hear any-" Peter started, but then there was the sound of glass breaking downstairs. Peter quickly climbed out of bed and pulled on some pants.

"Where is your gun?" Peter asked.

"No! There is a bat under your side of the bed." Olivia spoke. She didn't want to have someone killed in her house because her boyfriend didn't know how to use her service weapon.

Peter grabbed the bat Olivia said was under the bed, and he left the room. He shut the door behind him and went down the stairs quietly. He walked into the living room and was barely missed by a rock before thrown through the front window. He ducked and swore before swinging open the front door and grabbing whoever had thrown the rock through the window.

"Let me go!" Kathryn screamed, and now Peter knew that Olivia had been totally correct when she thought someone was watching her.

"I'm so done with your shit, Kathryn! How dare you do this?" Peter spat. He pulled Kathryn into the house and slammed the door behind them. He flipped on the light and saw that not only did the front window get broken, but the pictures in front of it had broken frames and a few were torn.

"Peter I just can't understand! I tried, trust me, but I don't understand why you picked her! We were together for so many years! We were in love and were talking about a future together. Then you moved here and your sister got shot. You changed. You decided that sleeping with another woman was a good choice." Kathryn cried.

"Ryn, come on. I know I hurt you, and I'm so sorry, but you need to move on. You need to go back to Chicago. There are men everywhere that want you, I've seen their looks when you and I would walk into a bar together. So just do what you did to get me. I promise you that everything will eventually work out." Peter spoke.

"But why did you decide you didn't want me?" Kathryn whimpered.

"Kathryn, just stop killing yourself over this. Just go home, and I won't call the cops." Peter spoke.

"Really?"

"Really. Just leave Manhattan. I need you to stop scaring my girlfriend."

"Bye, Peter." Kathryn breathed before she left.

---

Peter cleaned up the mess downstairs, and as he was figuring out if he could tape together a picture of Olivia and her former partner, Nick Amaro, Olivia came downstairs.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"Uh-"

"Please don't lie to me," Olivia whispered.

"Kathryn was throwing rocks and a brick or two through the window. I'm sorry, Liv. That I didn't believe you when you told me someone was following you." Peter breathed.

"Did you call the police? She could've gotten one of us hurt!" Olivia cried.

"Babe, she's going back to Chicago. She's not going to be bothering us anymore."

"You keep letting you get away with all of this! You went after her. You just let her break the front window and stalk me. Peter, what the hell is happening!" Olivia cried.

"Momma?" Noah asked, from where he stood on the landing and rubbing his eyes.

"Noah, go back to bed," Olivia spoke. 

"Why is it cold in here?" Noah asked. Olivia walked away from Peter and grabbed her son's hand before leading him up the stairs.

She wasn't going to fight with Peter anymore tonight, because in the end, if Kathryn didn't leave, she'd get away with it.

---

Olivia had an appointment the next morning, and the original plan was to have Peter join her. But instead, she decided that she didn't want Peter there at all. She didn't want to be around him at all because she was hurting. They may be together, but he was still fully invested in Kathryn.

"Liv, are you ready to take Noah to school?" Peter asked as he walked into the kitchen. He was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, so he still thought Olivia would want him to go with her.

"Momma said that you could take me," Noah spoke, as he finished his breakfast.

"Well, I'm joining her today," Peter said with a small smile.

"No, you aren't. You can go to work today." Olivia spoke.

"Liv-"

"Can you please drop Noah off at school? My appointment is starting in half an hour, so I have to get going." She breathed. She walked over and kissed the top of Noah's head, before walking past Peter altogether.

Once Olivia had left, Noah looked up at Peter.

"What did you do?" The little boy questioned.

"I don't know... I just keep messing up." Peter frowned. He sank down on the chair across from Noah and ran his hands through his hair.

"Why is their wood on the front window?" Noah asked.

"It broke last night... and now I know why she is still angry at me." Peter frowned.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D