-35-

While the doctors kept an eye on Hadley, Olivia and Peter waited quietly in the waiting room. Olivia was mumbling a prayer over and over again, which surprised Peter because she never prays. Eventually, Amanda walked into the hospital and looked around before she found Olivia and Peter.

"What happened?!" She asked quickly.

"Hadley got stung by a bee when she was on the swings and she stopped breathing from the sting," Olivia spoke, as she stood up and hugged her friend tightly.

"Oh god... is she okay?" Amanda asked, as they parted and she sat with the worried parents.

"She is in the NICU getting taken care of. They had to intubate her and like... her throat closed up Amanda." Olivia started to sob. Peter wrapped his arms around his wife and drew her close until she had calmed a bit.

"Tell me what you need me to do. I'll do anything." Amanda spoke, as Peter caressed his wife's hair.

"Can you go pick Noah up early from school? Maybe take him back to your place and keep him occupied until we can give you an update?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, I can do that. Would you rather me take him to your house or just back to my place?" Amanda asked.

"Maybe, so that he can sleep in his own bed tonight. We will keep you updated once we get more information. Thanks, Amanda." Peter spoke, as he continued to comfort his wife.

---

Amanda went to Noah's school and went into the office. She waited for a few minutes before she could talk to one of the volunteers that work the front desk.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, uh, I'm Amanda Rollins. I came to pick up Noah Porter-Benson." She spoke.

"Do you have a note from his parents?" The volunteer asked, and Amanda frowned before pulling her badge out.

"I'm one of his mother's detectives. His baby sister, Hadley, was rushed to the hospital earlier and they wanted me to get him and keep him occupied till we find anything out. And we don't want him to find out here somehow." Amanda replied.

"I need to see your ID. Are you one of those that are allowed to pick him up?" She asked, and Amanda nodded before pulling her wallet from her purse and finding her driver's license. She passed it to the woman before she called Noah's teacher to tell him he was leaving.

Amanda signed Noah out before waiting in the lobby for him to come out. He walked down the hall and his eyes lit up when he saw his aunt.

"Aunt Amanda!" He exclaimed, and Amanda smiled as she walked over to him and gave him a warm hug.

"Hey, hun. Are you ready to go?" She asked as he passed her his backpack, before grabbing her hand.

"Yeah! Where are we going?!" He squealed, but then he stopped and examined her face.

"Uh-" She started, but then he stopped her.

"Is Momma okay?" He asked nervously. He was not only scared about his mother being hurt or sick, but he was also scared that if his mother had been hurt that whatever happened had also hurt his baby brother or sister.

"Your Momma is okay. She didn't want me to tell you... but Haddie got hurt." Amanda breathed, and Noah shook his head.

"No, Aunt Mandy... no! I have to go get to Haddie! She needs me, I'm her big brother and I can protect her!" Noah exclaimed, before tugging on Amanda's hand until she followed him outside.

"Noah, we are going to your home and we have to wait there."

"No! Take me to the hospital now so I can see my baby sister!" Noah yelled, and Amanda swallowed hard because she couldn't say no to him. She picked him up and held him close as he cried.

"We will go see your baby sister. I bet you that she wants you there with her just as much as you want to be there for her."

---

Olivia had moved to go use the bathroom and get something to eat, so Peter was the only one in the waiting room when Amanda and Noah showed up.

"Daddy, where is she?!" Noah cried, and Peter slowly stood up as his son came running towards him. Peter caressed Noah's hair as he hugged his legs.

"Noah, Hadley is getting help right now."

"What happened to her?!" Noah cried as he looked up at his father. Peter bit his lip before sinking back down onto the car. He pulled Noah onto his lap before starting to explain what had caused his sister to be hospitalized.

"No, she can't be allergic to bees... then we can never go outside again!" Noah exclaimed.

"Bud, we are going to get this under control. They are helping her right now, and I think that since we found it out now that we can prevent this in the future."

"I'll never let it happen to her again, Daddy. I will protect Hadley from everything. I promise." Noah sniffled.

"Momma and I can protect her and you, Noah. Now I need you to go home with Aunt Amanda."

"Hadley needs me, Daddy. I'm not leaving her alone." Noah huffed, as his mother came back.

"What are you two doing here?" She asked as she wiped a tear from her cheek.

"I heard about Haddie, Momma! Let me stay to make sure she is okay!" Noah exclaimed.

"Don't get all worked up, Noah. You can stay. Let's go for a walk." Olivia spoke, and Amanda, Noah, and Peter were all surprised how easily Olivia gave in.

"Can we go see Haddie?" Noah asked as Olivia reached her hand out to her son before helping him down from Peter's lap.

"Not right now, honey. But I think I need you to protect me right now." Olivia smiled softly.

"I can do that, Momma!" Noah exclaimed. Olivia gave Peter and Amanda a shaky smile, before leading Noah away.

"She really knows how to get him to relax," Amanda spoke, and Peter nodded in agreement.

"She's good at being a mother, and that's why I think she did everything in her power to keep Hadley alive. She performed CPR on our baby."

"I'll wait here with you until she gets back. I think that maybe you should go try and find out something about Hadley so Noah can still be relaxed when he gets back." Amanda spoke, and Peter nodded.

"I just want them to tell me that my baby is going to live. Because losing Haddie will destroy us all."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D