-43-

Sunday night was when the anticipation really started. Noah was all hyper and he had a really hard time going to bed and he couldn't pay attention and sit still long enough to get his homework done. He was just too excited about getting Kamryn and Ember, that he didn't know why they couldn't come earlier than Wednesday.

"Can't you tell them that I want to meet them tonight? I'm sure that they listen to you, Momma." Noah spoke, as Olivia put him down for the night. Peter was just finishing up changing Hadley's diaper then he was going to join them.

"But Daddy and I aren't ready for Kamryn and Ember to be here yet. I want them to wait till Wednesday as we planned." She replied.

"Aw-"

"That word better be awesome instead of you whining, mister," Peter spoke, as he walked into Noah's room.

Noah sighed before frowning.

"It's just so much time that I have to wait. I hated waiting for Hadley, and now I hate waiting for the twins." Noah sighed. 

"It's only three days. You won't even think it's that long." Peter smiled.

"Okay. If you really think so, Daddy."

"I do. Now kiss your Momma goodnight and give me a hug. Then we can go to bed and these next few hours won't be as long because you'll be dreaming."

---

Peter and Olivia tried to keep Noah focused on school and such, but it was super hard for him. It was also hard for Olivia to get through those long hours when she was only home with Hadley because she didn't have a ton of distraction like she did when Hadley and Noah were home.

They made it through Monday and barely made it through Tuesday. But then early on Wednesday morning, Noah climbed out of bed to see his parents before they left for the hospital.

"We are not surprised to see you, Noah." Peter smiled, as he finished packing a spare change of clothes for himself.

"Where's Momma?" Noah asked as he rubbed his eyes with his fists as he walked over to his parents' bed.

"Right here." Olivia sighed, as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I'm fine, Noah. I'm just tired and excited to meet your sisters. You are gonna be tired at school today if you don't go back to bed." Olivia spoke, as she walked over and ruffled Noah's curls.

"Can I stay home?" Noah asked, and Peter laughed softly as he passed his wife her wedding band and engagement ring.

"Honey, you need to go to school, especially since you are gonna stay home on Thursday," Olivia replied.

"Really? Is that because I get to spend the whole day at the hospital with you?" Noah asked, and Olivia nodded.

"If that is what you want. Now, we have to get going. Lucy is downstairs if you didn't hear her show up. She's going to make sure that you get on the bus on time, and that you find out when the twins are born. Are you good with that?" Olivia questioned, as she stood up slowly and turned towards her son.

"I'm good with that... but I'll miss you, Momma."

"I'll miss you too, Noah. Now, give me a hug. Soon, you'll actually be able to hug me and it won't be a struggle."

---

Olivia wasn't as nervous when she went to the hospital to have the twins, as she had been when she was having Hadley. She knew now that Peter was around for good and wasn't going to just up and leave randomly. Now they were good. And now they were bringing two more baby girls into their lives and they couldn't be more excited.

"Do you think that you'll have to have a c-section?" Peter asked, and Olivia knew he was hoping that she wouldn't have too because he didn't want to accidentally see blood again.

"Honey, I was trying to keep it a secret from you, but they said I'm probably getting one... around noon or so today," Olivia replied as Peter stopped in front of the hospital. Now he was the nervous one.

"Are you kidding me? Please tell me that you won't have to get cut open again." Peter frowned. His wife moved in front of him and wrapped her arms around his body and pulled him as close as possible. She kissed his lips gently before resting her forehead against his.

"Last time, baby. No more blood." She reassured him.

"Liv. I don't like this." Peter breathed.

"Hey, you may not like it but at least we are getting our girls today. And if you don't want to be in the room, it's no big deal. You can just wait outside for when they take the girls to the NICU to get checked out. You can just follow them." Olivia smiled.

Peter closed his eyes as he wrapped his arms around his wife and rubbed her back gently.

"I should be trying to make you feel better. But instead, you are making me feel better."

"We need to get in there now, Peter. So, are you gonna want to be in there with me or be out waiting to meet the twins?" Olivia asked.

"I sat with you through your surgery... I think I can be in there when our daughters are born." Peter breathed, but he was still freaking out.

---

A little after noon, Peter sat in the NICU with Kamryn in one arm and Ember in the other. They each weighed only 5 pounds, but they were strong and ready to live. Peter noticed that Kamryn had a birthmark on her neck that was already visible. Ember was completely bald right now, so Peter at least knew which baby was which. He was also very much enjoying have two more daughters to spoil along with their big brother and big sister.

"Mr. Stone, your wife is ready to see the girls." Dr. Peterson smiled, as she walked into the NICU.

"Are they ready to leave here? I know they are small and all-"

"Yes, they are 5 weeks early. But they are good to head down and meet their mother."

"Well, Kamryn and Ember, you are about to meet the absolute best woman in this entire world. And I bet she is going to think that you two are two of the four best kids in this entire world." Peter smiled. He stood and Dr. Peterson reached out to take one of the twins, but he laughed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Doc. But the only other person who is gonna hold these twins right now is Liv. She hasn't gotten too yet, and I know she must want too really badly."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D