-24-

5 Months Later

Life as parents to two amazing kids brought Olivia and Peter even closer together. Both were still shocked that they were together, and that their little Haddie was 6 months old. And while Elliot seemed to pop up everywhere they went, it didn't stop Olivia and Peter from starting to think about a future together. More than just dating. Peter wanted to propose to Olivia again, but this time not just because he had knocked her up. Because he loved her so damn much, and because he loved their kids so damn much.

"I feel like our house is never quiet. Noah is the funniest thing on this Earth, to Haddie." Olivia smiled, as she walked into the kitchen with a basket full of clean laundry in her hands.

"He is pretty damn funny, Liv. Admit it." Peter smiled. Olivia nodded as she sat the basket on the dinning table, before walking over and looking out to where Noah was watching and playing with Haddie. He was such a good brother and never let his sister out of his view when his parents asked him to keep an eye on her.

"So, I have to go pick up the suit you wanted dry cleaned tonight. Wanna tell me why you needed it dry cleaned?" Olivia asked, as she took a hair tie from her wrist and worked her hair back into a ponytail.

"Because we are going on a date tomorrow night." Peter smiled.

"What? Peter, we haven't left Haddie since she was born."

"Don't worry, baby. She will be here with Noah and Amanda. We will be gone for only a few hours and then we can spend the rest of the night with our kids."

"What is this all about, Peter? Because I don't want to just leave my baby and Noah without knowing why. Like if you plan on killing me." Olivia spoke, and Peter shook his head.

"I'd never hurt you. You know that. It's just that we haven't had a date night since before Hadley was born. I just want to spend some more time with you and get you to calm down a bit before Hadley starts to talk and walk and run around."

"Okay, I will give you three hours." Olivia spoke, and Peter smiled.

"Good. I wouldn't ask for more than what you are comfortable with. And I'll get my suit. I have to get into town anyway to deal with some business."

"Pick up another pack of diapers on your way home, okay? Hadley is only down to like three." Olivia spoke.

"I guess I have more business to deal with then." Peter smiled.

---

Peter went and picked up Amanda from her apartment before taking her to the jewerly store near the precinct. Peter had already gotten the diamond reset into a different style, and now he just wanted to make sure Amanda thought Olivia liked it. This was a big thing for him. He was finally going to ask Olivia to marry him, the way he should've from the start. 

"So, how long have you been planning on proposing to Olivia?" Amanda asked, as they walked towards the storefront.

"About 4 months." Peter smiled.

"And is there a reason why all of a sudden again?"

"It's not all of a sudden. And no, Olivia isn't pregnant again."

"Well, have you decided on that yet?" Amanda questioned.

"On what?" Peter questioned, as he stopped for a moment. He didn't want to have this conversation in the store if it might make him angry.

"If you wanted to try for another baby... Olivia has talked to me a lot about you two thinking about it again, and it sounds like she wants another one. She told me that she thinks three is the perfect number of kids for your family."

"I'm still worried about how sick she had gotten during her pregnancy with Hadley. I don't want her to have to go through that again. But I'll discuss that with her tomorrow. Right now, we need to get the ring just in case I need to get it changed a bit."

"Okay. If you insist."

---

The ring was exactly what Peter had imagined. It was elegant and perfect for the love of his life. He only had to ask them to engrave tomorrow's date into the band because once they got married, he was going to have that date engraved into both of their wedding bands.

Peter went and picked up the diapers and his suit, before heading back home. Once he did get home, Hadley and Noah were napping, and Olivia was in the kitchen baking something that smelt amazing to Peter.

"Babe?" Peter questioned, as he came into the house through the front door. He never parked in the garage because he didn't want to have to force Olivia and the kids to have to truck through the snow or get rained on just to leave the house.

"I'm making you brownies. Since you seem to not be able to read the recipe." Olivia smiled. Peter walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist before kissing her neck gently.

"So, wanna tell me what the business you had to deal with was?" Olivia asked, because she didn't know if this all tied together with why Peter needed his suit and why there were doing a date night for the first time in nearly 7 months.

"Shh, baby. Just don't worry about it."

"Peter, you know how I get when I don't know something. I get paranoid."

"I'm not cheating on you. I had to pick up something, and you will know about it tomorrow. Okay?"

"Okay." She sighed. Peter took the spoon from Olivia's hand and mixed the batter while she walked over and grabbed the pan.

"I love you, Liv."

"I love you too." Olivia breathed back.

---

For the first time since their daughter was born, Olivia left the house without her. And to add to that, she was wearing a dress. Peter held her hand and walked her into their favorite bistro. He had wanted sushi, but since Olivia was still trying to nurse Hadley until she went back to work, which was happening later than expected, they didn't want to mess anything up.

"So, can you start telling me yet?" Olivia questioned, once they were seated.

"Don't screw this up." He warned, but he wasn't angry.

"Okay, then lets eat but by the time we leave here, I want to know."

Olivia eventaully calmed down and they had a good dinner. They had a conversation that didn't include their children for the first time in awhile. And by the time they had paid and headed back to their car, Peter slipped his hand into his pocket before pulling out the box and turning to his girlfriend. He slipped down onto one knee before Olivia never realized what was happening.

But once she did, she started to cry as her body shook.

"Peter." She whispered.

"Olivia Benson, I love you with all my heart. Before, when we were engaged, it was rushed. It was just to make sure our daughter was born into a relationship that both of her parents were both in. I think that it's time for us to finally get married and not because I feel like we have to, but because I want to."

"Get up, Peter." Olivia ordered.

"What?"

"Get up." She spoke. Peter stood as he felt a little upset. He stood up and went to close the box, but Olivia reached in and grabbed the ring and slipped it onto her finger. She smiled before wrapping her arms around Peter's body and kissed him deeply.

"I love you too, Peter."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D