-60: The End to Their Story-

It was still going to be a long road for Peter. He still had so much more recovery time, and he knew that he wasn't going to be heading home any time soon. But at least he was awake, and at least he was moved to a different floor where his wife and children could be with him more often than they were allowed in the ICU floor.

"So, they said I have to start physical therapy. I've been laying in bed too long so my muscles aren't as strong." Peter spoke, as he and his wife sat together in his room. Casey had stayed in town to help out, so she was at home with the kids since it was late and they needed sleep.

"We all knew that would happen, Peter. But at least you are awake. Honestly, that is one of the things I am the happiest about." Olivia replied. She reached out and rubbed Peter's chest for a few moments, before leaning in and kissing his lips softly.

"Gonna have to head home soon?" Peter asked, as his wife shifted a bit before running her hands through her hair.

"Sick of me?" Olivia asked, and Peter was quick to shake his head.

"No, Liv. It's just that you must be exhausted. And I need to make sure you are still eating and sleeping." Peter spoke, and Olivia sighed.

"I lost a decent amount of weight while you were in the coma... I just can't seem to get my appetite back." Olivia breathed.

"Then go get something to eat and head home. I'll be still laying here when you come back." Peter replied. Olivia nodded slowly before leaning forward and kissing his lips several times.

"When you get home, we are spending a night together. Just the two of us. I really need just time with you." Olivia spoke.

"Well, I'd be more than happy to spend some alone time with you, love. Now, shoo."

---

Olivia went to work the next morning. She walked in and was thankful to finally be back. It had been a long break from work, but now she was so thankful that she could be back to work and feel almost normal.

"Lieu?" Carisi spoke from where he sat at his desk. Olivia looked over at him and smiled.

"Didn't know I was coming back today, huh?" Olivia asked, and he shook his head.

"Fin nor Amanda told me anything. Did you tell them?" Carisi asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"Nope, it's kinda a surprise I guess. I'm only going to be working four days a week, then the other three I have to be at the hospital with Peter." Olivia replied.

"Oh, well uh, I'm glad you are back." Carisi smiled, as Olivia walked to her office.

"I'm glad to be back too."

Olivia went into her office and shut the door behind her. She looked at her desk before sighing softly when she realized that it felt weird to be in the office that was Fin's while she was on leave.

Everything was so much different now and her life felt different.

"I heard you were back. Carisi seems happy to have you as the CO instead of me." Fin breathed.

"Fin, this feels weird." Olivia breathed, as she turned to look at her friend.

"What do you mean?" Fin asked.

"I don't know if I'm meant to be here anymore... Walking in just makes me feel like I should be with Peter and my kids." Olivia breathed.

"Take more time off, Liv. They are paying you for this all since Peter almost died. Then maybe you'll be more ready to come back." Fin replied. Olivia shook her head as she slowly walked over to the couch and sank down onto it.