-58-

Olivia left Peter's room slowly, before going to see where Gloria was sitting. She walked towards the older woman before slowly stopping. All she wanted was for someone to tell them that Peter was waking up, but then she feared that it was just a little blip of change. Nothing more than that.

"Mrs. Stone?" Gloria asked when she looked up and saw the woman standing in the middle of the hall and just staring off into space.

"Peter's heartbeat picked up. His brainwaves looked like they did too." Olivia spoke, numbly.

"What?!" Gloria exclaimed, as she stood quickly and lead Olivia back into Peter's room.

"My friend brought my daughters up here... Hadley was kissing his forehead and rubbing his cheek... then she hugged his head and his stats seemed to get better... I think so." Olivia breathed. 

They entered Peter's room, and Gloria walked over and gently ruffled Hadley's hair before looking at the monitors. She looked at them for a while, before nodding slowly.

"Early signs of waking up."

"Really?" Olivia whispered as tears ran down her cheeks. 

"I'm going to get his doctor. He'll want to take Peter down for some tests. So, stay with him till I get back, but then I'll need you to leave."

---

Casey sat with the kids, while Olivia sped over to Noah's school. She quickly walked in and signed him out before waiting by the front door for him to come down.

"Momma?" Noah questioned because he was surprised to see his mother outside of the apartment. After that scare the day before, he thought she'd leave him and his sister just like their father had.

"I need to take you to the hospital, Noah. It looks like your Daddy might be getting up." Olivia spoke.

"From his sleep?" Noah asked quickly, as he eliminated the gap between him and his mother.

"Yeah, baby. I think so. So we need to get going. I'm gonna stop and get lunch for us all, then we have to get back."

"No time for lunch, Momma! We need to see Daddy right now! If he isn't completely awake, I can help! He loves me!" Noah exclaimed as he went running towards the front door.

"Honey! Stop! You need to eat something for lunch! I need to eat because I haven't been." Olivia spoke. Noah stopped and looked at his mother.

He had noticed that something had really changed with his mother, but he didn't realize till now that it was the fact she had lost weight. He walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her tightly.

"If you are gonna be able to take care of us, you need to eat, Momma. My treat." Noah smiled, and Olivia leaned down and kissed Noah's forehead gently.

"I'll be paying though unless you got a job." Olivia breathed. She picked him up and he wrapped his legs around her waist and wrapped his arms around her neck. He played with the short hairs that didn't make it into her clip before sighing softly.

"You have done a good job taking care of us, Momma... Even if I did get angry." Noah breathed.

"This whole thing has been so stupid. Now, let's go."

---

After eating lunch, Peter was returned to his room. Noah ran in there and climbed onto the bed beside his father, while his mother and Aunt talked to the doctors.

Noah looked at his fathers bruised and swollen face before frowning.

"Daddy, why did you do what you did?" Noah asked, as he gently touched his father's cheek. He sighed when his father didn't wake up to answer the question.

"Momma has been doing a good job with us, Daddy. She makes sure we are good, even if she isn't. She gets so sad and doesn't eat. I guess today was the first day I have seen her eat in awhile. She just misses you so much. We all do. The babies even miss the goodnight cuddles that you gave them. I miss having you read me a book before bed and taking me to the batting cages. Just wake up for us, Daddy. We need you. You complete Momma. She is so lonely without you. And it was like she was waiting for her whole life to meet you and marry you. Now, wake up or else I'll make you. You know that when I hit, it hurts." Noah spoke, as he leaned in and kissed his father's cheek gently. 

Noah started to cry because this was the first time he saw his father since the accident. He didn't like that he didn't have a father right now. He didn't like that this all happened and that his mother had to pretty much lose his father again. Noah clung to his father, and he continued to do that until a hand rested against his small back.

"Momma-" Noah started, but then he sat up and realized that the hand on his back was his father's. He looked at his father's face and saw that his eyes were open and he was looking at Noah.

"Daddy!" Noah cried, as he quickly hugged him tightly. Noah started to sob into his father's chest as Olivia rushed into the room from her son's sudden cry.

"Noah-" Olivia started, but then she stopped. She looked at where her husband laid holding Noah. Olivia felt as tears ran down her cheeks when her eyes met her husband's.

"Hi, Peter." She breathed, and Peter couldn't smile, but he kept his eyes on hers. She slowly walked over to his bed and around to the other side. She gently touched his shoulder before leaning down and kissing his temple gently.

"I'm gonna go get your doctor, babe. I'll be back soon. I promise. Noah, keep an eye on Daddy. Make sure he stays awake." Olivia breathed. She quickly walked from the room before stopping outside the door as a large sob left her chest.

Peter's alive. Peter's awake. And Peter is finally back to his family. He can finally be something to them.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D