-15-

Peter stayed at the house and waited for Olivia to get home. He didn't want to make her angry by showing up at the appointment when he wasn't welcomed. He was washing up the few dishes from breakfast when she finally got home.

"Oh." She breathed, as she opened the door from the garage into the kitchen and saw him standing there.

"Hey, babe. Uh, how was the appointment?" He asked. Olivia swallowed hard as she grabbed the sonogram picture from her purse and handed it to him.

"It was good... no more complications." She breathed. She sat her bag on the kitchen table before walking out of the kitchen and towards the stairs.

"Liv?" Peter asked, as he ran after her.

"What?" She questioned, quietly.

"I'm sorry." He breathed, and she sighed before continuing up the stairs. She wished that he would stop doing things that made him feel like he should apologize. He should've called the police on Kathryn for throwing the rocks and bricks into their front window. She still couldn't help but wonder what would've happened if she had fallen asleep on the couch, or if Noah had gotten up to get some water in the middle of the night. 

"Babe, please," Peter begged as he followed his exhausted looking girlfriend up the stairs. She went into the bedroom and couldn't even the shut the door behind herself because Peter was right behind her. He didn't want her to close herself off from him because then that meant what they had built so far would be destroyed.

"I'm going back to work today. You should get dressed and head into the courthouse and start prepping for that case you have coming up." She spoke. She forced herself to walk towards him and kiss his lips gently before she went to change into work clothes.

"I don't want to go in today. I want to stay home and spend time with you. Get you to forgive me because I absolutely hate how I made you upset." He breathed.

"Peter, you keep telling me that you love me. That you are so excited to be with me, to be having a baby with me, to be a father figure to Noah. But I think that you still love Kathryn. You are still caught up on her and that you haven't really gotten over her yet."

"Do you doubt that I fact I love you?" Peter breathed.

"No, I don't anymore. I know you love me. I know you love the baby and Noah. You help me put him to bed every night, and you hold me at night and calm the baby down when he or she isn't letting me sleep. I just think that we don't fully have your heart. Kathryn still has a good portion of your heart and she's using it against you. How you let her get away with everything she does because you feel bad for breaking up with her and leaving her at your wedding, but babe, there is no reason for you to anymore. You've apologized and now she needs to just get over it so that we can move on and she can too." Olivia spoke.

She walked over to better again and wrapped her arms around his body and hugged him warmly. He held her close and sighed.

"Are you not angry at me anymore?" He asked.

"Don't test your luck, Stone."

---

Olivia went to the precinct, and Amanda pulled her to the side even before she could get out of the elevator.

"What? Amanda this is our floor." Olivia huffed.

"Kathryn is in your office." Amanda breathed.

"What? Are you kidding me?!" Olivia exclaimed. She didn't want to talk to Kathryn. She hated that she hurt her, but she was tired of apologizing to her just to have her come and hurt her again.

"Want me to ask her to leave?" Amanda asked, and Olivia sighed as she rested her hand against her stomach. 

"No. I'll deal with it," Olivia replied.

She and Amanda reopened the door to the elevator before walking out. They both heading into the squad room and Olivia didn't say a thing to her detectives as she opened her office door. Kathryn was looking at a few of the pictures on the walls. Olivia had added a few since she had gotten pregnant, and most of them were still of just her and Noah.

"Your son is adorable. He's going to be a great big brother by the looks of it." Kathryn breathed.

"He's excited. He really thinks that the baby's a girl, or at least he hopes it is." Olivia replied. She sat her bag on the desk before leaning against the cabinet behind her desk.

"Peter told me to go back to Chicago, and my flight doesn't live till about midnight tonight," Kathryn spoke, and Olivia nodded.

"Okay."

"And I came here to talk to you," Kathryn spoke, as she turned around and looked at the woman that Peter picked over her. Kathryn examined Olivia closely. She noticed how she wore barely any makeup but still looked pretty. Her eyes were a deep brown and that her hair had a natural wave to it. Kathryn could see how Peter could be attracted to her, and she understood why he took comfort in her because she just had a real understanding look about her.

"Kathryn?" Olivia questioned.

"I'm sorry for stalking you. For breaking your front window. For being an absolute bitch to you the past few months. It must've been so hard having to deal with the appointments and taking care of your son without Peter."

"It was, but I've been single for so long that it wasn't horribly different," Olivia replied as she crossed her arms over her swollen stomach.

"When we were still together, he told me about what's happened to you. Like how you told him about why you have scars from that man... about your mother... He tried to put you into perspective for me. I just thought you were a homewrecker, but I didn't actually realize what you did. How you've helped people for so long. How you adopted a boy whose mother was murdered. I couldn't actually see you as having done any of those things because you were a monster in my mind." Kathryn breathed.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, Kathryn. I really am." Olivia breathed.

"Stop apologizing for something you didn't know about. I'm still not in a good place and I won't be for a while. But I want to congratulate you on the baby. Peter told me how happy you are to be having a baby."

"When did he tell you that?"

"When I told him we should get full custody of it. He said that it would hurt you so badly and he couldn't think of doing that to you."

"Oh." Olivia breathed. Kathryn shoved her hands into the pockets of her jacket and smiled a bit.

"Take care, Olivia. And send me the bill for your front window. I'll pay for that because I was stupid."

"Uh, okay. You take care too, okay? There is someone out there for you."

"I know, and I'll find him."

Kathryn waved a bit at Olivia before walking out of her office. Olivia waved back before swallowing hard. Is everything going to be good now?

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D