-10-

Since this is chapter ten, I'm gonna make it longer. Thank you all for supporting this new book and for getting me to over 600 reads on it! :D

Olivia slammed the door to her office and quickly shut the blinds to give herself some privacy to cry. She locked her office door and was planning on not talking to anyone until she can calm herself down and get herself composed again.

"Peter, what did you do now?" Amanda spat, as she stormed out into the hallway. Peter was standing there, running his hands through his hair, as tears welled in his eyes.

"Can you just please take care of her? I need to go talk to Kathryn." Peter spoke.

"Who the fuck is Kathryn?" Amanda huffed, as she grabbed his arm before he could walk away.

"My fiance... she came to Manhattan last night and found out about Liv and the baby. I just need to get her to go back to Chicago so I can deal with Liv." Peter spoke.

"No. I'm not covering for you. You slept with Olivia when you knew you had a fiance. This is your fault, and I'm not going to tell Liv to forgive you. I will let her shit talk you and I will join in. Get the hell out of here." Amanda spat, before storming into the squad room. She quickly walked to Olivia's office and went to open the door, but it was locked.

"Liv? It's Amanda. Unlock the door." Amanda breathed, as calmly and understanding as possible.

"Go away. I'm not going to discuss this with you right now. Get back to work." She sobbed.

---

Peter drove back to Kathryn's hotel room. He could hear her listening to TV in her room, so he knew she was there. He knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. When she did, she seemed okay. Like she was happy that Peter choice her over Olivia and their baby.

"You slept with an old woman, Peter," Kathryn spoke, as she let him into the room. Peter shut the door and swallowed hard.

"She's not that old," Peter replied.

"You are 36, Peter. How old is she? Do you even want that kid?"

"She's 43. You slept with one of our college professors and he was 60 then." Peter spoke, as he sat down on the edge of the bed and ran his hands through his hair.

"You didn't answer my other question, Peter." Kathryn huffed.

"I want the baby, Ryn. I've always wanted to be a father. And Liv is giving me that chance." Peter breathed. Kathryn watched him as tears welled in her eyes.

"We were supposed to get married. Your father wanted that. He wanted us to be together." Kathryn frowned.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But I have a different life here. I'm an ADA, and I have new friends. And I'm kinda in love with Olivia."

"What?" Kathryn whispered.

"I've tried to be a good person. I thought you moved on so I asked her to marry me. I wanted to be there for her and my child. Olivia has a son she adopted. He's almost 6. He is so excited to be a big brother. Kathryn, I love you and I always will. But Liv is the woman I want to be with. I'm sorry." Peter spoke.

"I'm not leaving, Peter. You are my fiance. We are going to get married and have kids." Kathryn spoke. She was stubborn, just like Olivia. Peter looked at her and realized that strong stubborn women were the ones he was attracted to.

Peter stood up and grabbed Kathryn by her waist. He pulled her close and kissed her lips ever so gently, before holding her. She rested her head against his chest as she started to cry.