-27-

Olivia sat at her desk, while her now completely present crew was working on the paperwork that had a deadline of midnight of that night. She was thinking and barely working on her paperwork because she seemed to only be thinking about a dress. The perfect dress. She and Amanda had gone dress shopping the day before, but none of the dresses suited her. Olivia just wanted a dress that would easily make her look like a bride and not someone cosplaying one.

She felt so weird trying on dress after dress because she had never had one on before, but as she got a feel for what suited her body and what made her body look horrible, she started to piece together what she wanted to wear to her wedding. One that was coming up soon because Peter and Olivia couldn't wait any longer to get hitched.

But between trying for a baby and planning a wedding, Olivia seemed to be adding many light pinks and blues to a dress that she knew she'd never actually find.

"Olivia Benson? Uh, boss!" Amanda exclaimed, and Olivia blinked a few times before looking at her detective. Amanda had gotten better on her time off and was happier.

"Yes, Amanda?" Olivia questioned, as she put the cap on her pen before looking back at Amanda.

"You were really zoned out. Wanna tell me why?" Amanda asked, and Olivia sighed.

"I'm just thinking about wedding dresses. And that is something I never thought I'd ever think about. Peter is really allowing things I never thought would happen, to happen."

"Wanna go look for more dresses tomorrow?" Amanda asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No... I am going to Noah's play. He's playing George Washington." Olivia grinned.

"Need someone to watch Haddie?" Amanda asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"Hadley is going to be there cheering on her big brother with me and their Dad."

"Well give my niece and nephew a hug from me, okay?"

"Okay, I will. Also, tell me if you need anything at all..."

"Will do, boss."

---

Olivia and the crew stayed late that night, and once Olivia was able to go home to her family they were all asleep. Olivia climbed into bed with Peter and settled in beside him, ready to fall asleep, but then he woke up and drew her close.

"Hey, beautiful." He smiled tiredly.

"Hey, I didn't do anything loud so I don't know why you are awake," Olivia spoke, before snuggling closer to his chest.

"We've been sleeping in the same bed for a while, and I can feel when you climb into bed and out of bed. It's kinda like my superpower." He laughed softly, before placing a soft kiss to her jaw.

"Are you going to be able to make it to Noah's play tomorrow?" Olivia asked. Peter nodded as he rested his head against her shoulder.

"Yeah, I will be able to. Want me to come to pick you up from work?"

"No, we will have to drive separately since I have the car seats and you always leave for work earlier than I do."

"Okay, but-"

"Peter just shut up and go back to sleep," Olivia whispered, before moving even closer to him. He held her in his arms and tried to fall back asleep but he was starting to think.

He thought about the wedding and his kids. How lucky he was to be marrying Olivia and for even being allowed to love her.

---

After Noah's play, Olivia and her family went back home. Noah and Hadley both passed out in the car and once they got home, Peter and Olivia put their children to bed before sitting down in their living room.

"So, did you find a dress?" Peter asked because he wasn't able to ask the day she and Amanda went shopping.

"No, I didn't. I might go look around more on Saturday. I have a dress in mind, but it got kinda blurred when I started to think about a baby." Olivia replied. Peter laughed softly as he glanced over at her.

"Our baby." He spoke, and she nodded slowly before taking the clip out of her hair and letting her brown locks roll over her shoulders. She looked over at Peter and sighed softly.

"You know, Fin was also scared when I asked him if he would be okay being CO for a bit and then I had to tell him why. He was scared and said that he didn't want me to die." Olivia spoke.

"You better not die, Olivia. I'd be lost without you." He spoke. She had expected him to be joking around a bit, but he looked very serious. She reached over and grabbed his hand before squeezing it tightly.

"Let's stop then." She breathed.

"What?" He questioned, quietly.

"If it is going to cause those around me stress, we can just stop trying for a baby. There will always be adoption." Olivia smiled softly.

"Babe-"

"No, Peter. I don't want to be the reason why you worry nonstop, or why my crew worries too. So, as of right now, we aren't trying for a baby and I believe this might help me finally pick out the dress I want." Olivia breathed.

It was a weird thing to think about, that pushing out the thought of trying for a baby and not succeeding was the thing making her think about the baby 24/7, was going to clear her mind and allow her to think about everything else.

---

"I love this. This is my dress." Olivia smiled, as she ran her hands over her lace dress. Amanda sat and nodded in agreement. Amanda could see that Olivia truly loved the dress she was wearing, and she couldn't help but think that Olivia looked absolutely stunning.

"Do you want to know the price of the dress?" The woman asked, and Olivia sighed.

"As long as this is under my price limit, then I'll buy it."

"It is. It's in the lowest part of your price range. And it shouldn't cost too much to get it fitted because it almost fits you perfectly." 

"Alright, uh, can you give me and my friend a moment real quick?" Olivia asked as tears welled in her eyes. The woman walked away and Amanda stood up and walked over to Olivia.

"Are you okay?" Amanda asked, and Olivia laughed softly.

"Peter and I agreed to stop trying for a baby... but this morning... geez." Olivia stopped speaking because she could tell that Amanda knew what she was trying to say.

"Liv, does he know?" Amanda asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, he doesn't. But Amanda... I told him we wouldn't have a baby but now we are again..."

 Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D