1

~Lilith's POV~

"Lil!" Mom exclaimed at me as I quietly ate a piece of toast for breakfast. I stopped and looked up at her, setting the buttered toast onto my plate. "Yeah?" I asked, furrowing my brows. "You're going to be late for your first day! You need to hurry up." She demanded, gesturing to the toast. "Either finish that off or throw it out or take it with you. I don't care, just get going!" She fretted, brushing a hand through her brown hair.

We had just finished getting all of our things moved into our new house, and I was starting my first day of senior year in high school. Because of both of those things, Mom was feeling a bit on edge. Dad, not so much, but mom liked to make a good first impression always. That was always how she judged people, and she believed it was imperative that we act as if everyone else did the same. That's why I stood from my chair and ran a manicured hand through my pearl blonde hair, making sure it hadn't somehow gotten messed up in the time that had passed.

I grabbed my backpack and placed my plate in the sink, eating the rest of the toast as I hurried out the front door. I was sure I didn't look too graceful trying to stuff half a piece of toast down my gullet before I had to drive my car, but I didn't care much. I got into my white car which, thanks to the cleaners we hired to clean our cars every once in a while, was still pearly white. Although my favorite colors were light pink, red, baby blue, and white, I knew having a car that was any other of the colors aside from white would've been a little ugly. Red wasn't too bad as a car color, but it just wasn't what I wanted. My favorite color of the four, however, would've been light pink. That was why all my furniture in my room was light pink, or white. Sometimes too much pink was a thing.

My Victorian style bed-frame was white with gold along the edges of the foot of the bed and the head of the bed. On the foot of my bed, I had a light pink rose painted across the frame and at the head of it, the outer part was white and lined with gold. My favorite part of my bed was the light pink tufted headboard. Hung over my bed, at the head of it, was a white canopy with little pink sparkles in it. My sheets were white and my blankets a soft pink with a fluffy white bed scarf thrown over top of it, and my pillows were a good mix between pink and white. On the right side of my room, just a bit away from my bed, I had a white vanity that was also lined with gold. Painted on the two big drawers were pink roses and the white vanity chair had a heart shaped back with pink tufted velvet on the seat and in the heart.

In the middle of my room, hung on the ceiling, was a light pink chandelier with little crystals dangling from it. My flatscreen TV that I had mounted on the wall opposite my bed was the only thing in my room not pink or white, aside from my light gray wood floors. I had a fluffy white rug on the floors in the middle of my room and my walls were painted white. My dresser was against the wall opposite of my bed, beneath my TV, and was white with gold trim like everything else. My dresser was packed with my undergarments, socks, and pajamas, but all of my other clothes were in my closet. Atop my dresser was a bunch of my favorite perfumes, a lotion, my deodorant, and then I had two jewelry boxes as well, both light pink.

Beside my bed I had a white beside table, the trim gold, and it had a half-used candle and a pink vase of pink roses. All of my other candles, none of which I'd used yet, were stored in the open space I had beneath the one drawer in the nightstand. On the left side of my room were the doors to my bathroom and my closet. The bathroom was all white except for the few pink things that I had in there, such as my towels, the pink vase of roses on the sink, and the small pink roses that were on the white wall, to name a few.

My closet, however, was a different story. The walls and floors were a white marble with little bits of pink throughout and it was far bigger than the closet in our old house. There was a pink chandelier that matched the one in my room hung from the ceiling, and below that was a circular shaped ottoman. It was light pink and tufted, big enough to fit probably a few people on it. The hangers that I used were even pink. Along half of one wall was my shoes, most of them pink or white. Along the other half of that wall were the few purses that I had, but there was still space left there if I ever got new purses or shoes.