34

~Luke's POV~

Okay, so maybe it'd been a bad idea to take Lilith's virginity. Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoyed it. Fuck, I'd far more than just enjoyed it and that was the problem. I already had feelings for this girl and I wasn't supposed to form such a physical relationship with her, but I had. It made my feelings increase tenfold.

The funny thing was I knew it wasn't a good idea even as I'd been asking her if I could take her virginity, but I didn't care. I didn't pay attention to that. I just wanted to touch her again, to feel her under me again, crying my name. There wasn't anything in this world like the feeling that pleasing her gave me. Now that I'd had just a taste, I knew I'd found something I liked. I'd found someone I liked and I couldn't have that. I couldn't do that, not with her. She was too good for me, too perfect. I needed to stay strictly friends with her. No more touching or kissing or fucking her like she belonged to me, because she didn't. We were to be friends and that was it. That was all.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Ruby sat down beside me at the lunch table, setting her lunch tray on the table in front of her in a rough manner. She was mad, I could tell. "What's wrong with you?" I asked, raising a brow as I peered down at her. Her gaze leveled with mine, those blue and green eyes flaming with anger. "Fucking Lilith." She scowled, scooting her chair in. "That's what's wrong with me."

"What?" I frowned, confused. "What'd she do?" I asked, knowing that it was probably nothing at all. It'd taken me a while to realize this, but Ruby didn't have any reason to hate Lilith other than the fact that she envied Lilith. She was jealous, too. That was all that it came down to with Ruby. If she hadn't felt threatened by Lilith's presence, she'd have had no problem with her whatsoever.

"Stupid bitch had the nerve to just cut in front of me while I was walking down the hallway!" She hissed, angrily opened her bottle of milk. I raised a brow, unimpressed by this being something that she thought was a big deal when it was clearly not. "And?" I asked, giving her a look. At that, Ruby scowled at me and Scarlett rolled her eyes from where she sat, looking at the angry girl beside me. "Chill out, Ruby. Everyone walks in front of everyone, damn." She sighed, rolling her eyes. I think we were all tired of this vendetta she had against Lilith.

Ashton chuckled from his seat, shaking his head as he eyed Ruby. "Lilith's a nice girl, Ruby. I don't know how she hasn't blown up on you yet." He said, making everyone else nod in agreement. Ruby only glared at all of us and clenched her hands into fists, her eyes narrowed into angry slits.

As we were speaking of her, Lilith suddenly emerged from a big crowd, stalking over to the table with a little red purse in her hand. She had on a tiny little red skirt that fit her so tightly that it was like a second skin, matched with a white velvet cropped shirt with two red koi fish on it. Why was it koi fish? No fucking idea, but she looked pretty, like usual. On her feet, I was surprised to see she had a pair of all-white converse with a little red heart on the side. She wasn't wearing heels, which was a rare occasion.

Lilith gave us all a beaming smile when she reached the table, all of us compelled to immediately return the smile as she hung her backpack over the back of her chair. "Hi, guys!" She greeted brightly, sitting down in her chair. Scarlett grinned up at Lilith and I leaned back in my chair, my eyes scanning over her neck, growing a little disappointed when I saw she'd covered up the hickies I'd left on her.

She didn't even notice that I was currently staring at her hard enough to burn a hole through her clothes, all of her attention focused onto Scarlett. I bit my lip and felt a light nudge to my side from Ashton, causing me to grunt in annoyance as I looked over at him. "What?" I hissed, frowning. His eyes were lit up with amusement as he looked at me. "You're looking at Lilith like you're ready to rip her clothes off and go to town." He teased, chuckling.