55

~Lilith's POV~

I woke up early on Thursday morning and began to get ready for school, first taking my shower before I pulled on a pair of underwear and sat down at my vanity to begin to do my makeup. Like I usually did, I did my makeup simple with just a pink glossy lip and a set of wispy lashes over the rest of my usual makeup.

When I had finished doing my makeup, I stalked into my closet, beginning to search for an outfit to wear. After a bit, I pulled on a tight pink cropped tank top that was short enough to be more like a bra, or moreso a sports bra. Overtop, I put on a pink cropped long sleeved shirt that tied together beneath my breasts, showing off the pink tank and some of my mid-section. The sleeves became flowy around my forearm and had fur around the wrists, my pale skin able to be seen a bit through the thin fabric of the long sleeve crop.

Despite the fact that it was a little cold, I pulled on a pink skirt that had little drawstrings hung from the waist and a small line of rhinestones across my left hip. For shoes, I pulled on a pair of pink open-toed heels that had fur on the strap across the toes and on the ankle strap. After I'd put on some silver accessories, I grabbed my backpack and skipped my way out to my car, beginning the drive to school.

To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to it. It was actually quite unusual that I not like to go to school because I didn't really mind school, to be honest. I liked to learn, so it wasn't very common that I dreaded going to school. However, today was one of those days that I dreaded school and it was all because of Luke. He made it hard for me to ignore him, even when I was hurt and angry at him for what he had done. Every time he was around me, even for the slightest second, I felt his gaze on me. I could feel him staring at me, silently begging and hoping that I would look back at him and finally break the silent treatment that I had been giving him. But I never did, nor did I plan to anytime soon.

Even if Luke and I were just friends, it had really hurt me to have to know he slept with Ruby. Not only to have to know that he'd slept with her, but also to have been the one to catch him. I suppose that was partially on me, though. I was the one who had walked in when I knew very good and well what was going on behind that door, and who was involved. I just had to be sure, but the truth is that I was already sure. I already knew it was him. I just hadn't wanted to believe that it was. I felt like I'd been used and betrayed.

Pushing my thoughts aside, I headed into the school and let the school doors swing shut behind me as I began the day.

**

As I headed down the hallway towards the cafeteria, my stomach growling hungrily, I stopped when I felt a hand lightly grasp onto my elbow. Startled and confused, I looked up as I turned around, frowning when I realized that it was Ms. Jones, my English teacher. "Oh. Hello, Ms. Jones." I greeted, giving her a polite smile as I pulled my arm away from her. She returned it and gave me a curious look. "Hi, Lilith." She began, hopping right into the subject of what she had stopped me for. "I was just wondering if you're still tutoring Luke." She said.

Taken aback, I frowned. "Luke?" I repeated, confused. Why would she be asking me about whether or not I was tutoring him still?

Ms. Jones must've thought that meant that I didn't remember a Luke because nodded. "Yes. Luke Hemmings." She clarified. "Yes, I remember him. We're friends. I just was confused. Anyways, we don't really study lately. I've...been busy. What is this about?" I asked, cocking my head to the side curiously. She softly cleared her throat and gave me a little hopeful smile. "Well...He seems to be struggling again. Even worse this semester than last. He's been showing up late to class and he never pays attention and he doesn't even bother turning anything in. Not even the very simple assignments. He doesn't even do the journal writings anymore." Ms. Jones said helplessly, a hard frown in her face. She looked defeated, like she had no idea what to do about it.