32

~Lilith's POV~

Luke acted as if nothing had ever happened when Monday came around. I had expected something, anything that'd say I was just being silly for feeling as if I'd made a mistake letting those things happen at his house. But nothing ever came that said that. In fact, he only proved that I should feel that way.

When I arrived to lunch last, like I always did, I was surprised to see that Luke had company with him that wasn't Ruby. It was another girl, whose name I was sure was June, and she was sat in Ruby's seat with her hand on his thigh while they locked lips. Maybe it was stupid of me, but I felt a pang of hurt hit me. I'd had a feeling I'd made a mistake letting things get so physical between us, but now I knew for sure that I had. Now there were no doubts. There was no convincing myself otherwise and that might've been the worst part. I had to face the truth even if it hurt to.

Luke hadn't mean anything by what had happened between us. He was just looking for a little bit of fun, I guess, and I'd been there. It was circumstantial. He hadn't done it because he wanted to be with me or anything, which I should've expected. We didn't know each other at all.

Regret flooded through my system as I sat down and began eating my food, feeling like an absolute idiot. At least now I knew not to let it happen again, I suppose. It had just been another mistake.

So I did my best to brush off the nagging feeling that had formed in my gut and went about my day, acting as if I was unbothered about everything that had happened. If he wanted to give me that type of treatment, I'd give it right back to him.

**

After school, Luke and I headed to my house and I found myself parking my car in my driveway with his car behind mine. We both got out of our cars and locked them before heading up my driveway and to my front door. I let Luke enter first and followed in behind him, locking the door once it was shut.

I began to head upstairs with him trailing after me, heading down the hallway towards my bedroom. When I realized Luke was just standing in the doorway, not entering my room, I turned around to look at him. "Well, are you going to come in?" I asked expectantly, giving him a smile as I gestured for him to come inside. He seemed to snap out of whatever thoughts he had going on in his head and nodded, heading into my room and sitting down in his usual spot on my bed. I silently began to get my things out, kicking off my shoes as I put the textbook on my bed and then all the flashcards. "Is everything okay?" Luke asked hesitantly, eyeing me from my bed as I put up my shoes in my closet.

Our eyes met as I looked over at him, turning my closet light off behind me when I left. "Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?" I shrugged carelessly, crossing my arms over my chest with a little frown. He pursed his lips and shrugged uncomfortably, his brows furrowing as he looked at me. "Well, you just...you haven't even talked to me today. You seem a little different today is all." He said softly, frowning over at me.

A sigh left my lips as I headed over to him and sat down on my bed opposite of him. "Yeah, I'm okay." I assured him with a small smile, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "I've just been a little tired today." I said, which actually wasn't a lie. I was definitely more than just 'a little' tired today, since I'd hardly been able to sleep last night. "Oh." He said softly, cocking his head to the side a little. "You know, w-we don't have to do the tutoring today. I think I've got everything down well enough that I don't need it much anymore. O-Of course, if you don't want to, that is." He suggested, staring down at me. I furrowed my brows a little and cocked my head to the side. "But...then what would we do?" I asked, confused.

Luke lightly shrugged. "Well, you could take a nap. You said you're tired." He pointed out, but I just softly shook my head.

"No, no." I refused, resting my hands in my lap as I looked at him. "No, it's ok. I don't need to." I assured, letting the silence fall a moment later between us. He and I just sat there with one another, silent. "Do you want me to leave?" He asked me suddenly, drawing my gaze up to meet his. I looked at him for a little bit, just taking in his features. "No." I answered eventually, my voice quiet. "But we don't have to do tutoring if you feel confident enough that you think you don't need it anymore." I said, fiddling with my ring.