49

~Lilith's POV~

True to his word, Luke woke me up a couple of hours later when we finally arrived at the resort, the car coming to a stop. When I felt him softly shaking me awake by my arm, my eyes sleepily fluttered open, not realizing where we were or what was going on. I'd completely forgotten we were heading up into the mountains.

However, I was reminded when my tired eyes glanced out of the window and I saw that we were surrounded by tall mountains, snow all around us. Immediately, I was more awake, sitting up straighter as I peered curiously out the window and felt Luke's warm hand gripping my thigh. "You can always get out and look at it outside, you know." He teased, softly palming his hand along my thigh. That was when I realized that the car had come to a stop and everyone else had already gotten out, leaving only him and I in the car.

I blushed in embarrassment and pulled open the car door, carefully getting out so he could as well. The cold hit my skin and goosebumps passed through me, pulling my knit sweater tighter around me as I looked around at everything. When my eyes landed on the large building that we were all going to be staying in, I was surprised. Scarlett had told me how hard it'd been to get a reservation, but she definitely hadn't ever told me just how luxurious it was. Even from the outside, I knew it was going to be very nice inside. It must've been expensive.

Luke stepped out behind me and I stepped out of his way, looking up at the large building while he grabbed our bags from the back of Scarlett's car. I felt Luke's elbow suddenly nudge mine as he stood beside me now with our bags in his hands, gesturing up to the big resort hotel with his head. "We should get inside. I can tell you're cold." He said kindly, beginning to stalk ahead without waiting for me to answer.

As quick as I could, I walked after him, my arms crossed over my chest as the snow crunched beneath our feet with each step. The warmth enveloped my body as we entered the building, the doors slowly swinging shut behind us while Luke stalked ahead towards where everyone was crowded around the front desk to check in. I followed him, tightly grasping onto his forearm to steady myself when I came to a stop beside him, my core pulsing with pain. All I wanted to do was sit down.

The man at the front desk gave Scarlett the key to whichever room we were supposed to be staying in and then everyone began to walk away, following her towards our room. Luke made sure I was able to keep a hold on his arm as he followed as well, helping me walk.

When we reached the room, I leaned more against the wall, sighing heavily as Scarlett unlocked the door. She pushed the door open and everyone went piling into the room, which I found was a hell of a lot bigger than I'd thought. This one room was big enough to be a house, with five bedrooms that had their own bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a dining room. I didn't even know that they had rooms this big in a single place, but evidently so.

"What are the sleeping arrangements?" Ruby asked Scarlett, her bags held in her hands. Scarlett looked over from where she sat and shrugged. "Sort it among yourselves. There's five rooms and then the couch has a pull-out bed, too." She said simply, very careless.Even though he and I didn't discuss it with everyone, Luke just led me off to one of the room, my hand pushing open the door so he didn't have to.

He stepped in first and I flicked on the lights, letting the room fill with light. The room was just as luxurious as the rest of the hotel and a mix of the colors brown, white and beige. The floors were a type of soft carpet in a light brown with circular shaped lights built up inside of the tall ceiling, all around. In the middle of the large room was a singular bed with a dark brown bed frame and white bedding and, along the left wall, there was a built in mirror. Beside the bed was a dark brown bedside table and, in front of the room was a dark brown TV stand with a large flatscreen TV. On the right side of the room there were two different doors, one a bathroom and the other presumably a closet. There was a small beige bench at the end of the bed and a couple of beige reclining chairs in the corners of the room.