19

~Lilith's POV~

The weekend began before I even knew it, the week passing me by in what felt like so little time. Luke and I hadn't spoken much to one another aside from during our time during tutoring, though that hardly counted since I was simply tutoring him.

On Saturday, I took a shower and then got dressed in some comfy pajamas after I put on my undergarments. My pajama was a little light pink slip dress with a pattern of pretty pink flowers, the silk fabric smooth to the touch. It was just so comfortable. I put my glasses on and tied my hair up in a bun, short hairs framing my face. My blankets were warm and soft against my legs as I got into my bed with my backpack and more flash cards, preparing to write the grammar flash cards. We hadn't even started working on going over his problems with grammar, so it was best to start today.

I was in the middle of filling out the cards, writing down both the definition and examples of each subject, when I heard the doorbell ring from downstairs. After I finished writing the sentence I was in the middle of, I put down my sharpie on my nightstand and slid out of bed, heading downstairs. The sight of Luke's tall, broad figure greeted me as I pulled open the front door and cast him a friendly smile, stepping to the side to let him come in.

Luke stalked in and didn't really acknowledge me, causing me to awkwardly purse my lips as I shut the front door and locked it. I started up the stairs and heard him following after me, the two of us walking quietly down the hallway towards my bedroom.

When we reached my room, I crawled back in bed and sat down beneath the covers instead of atop them, not wanting to risk accidentally flashing him due to the fact that I usually sat with my legs criss-crossed. He sighed deeply and plopped down in his usual spot across from me, setting his backpack beside him on the bed. "What do you have for me today?" He asked in a bored tone, looking down at the cards sprawled all across my bed.

"Well," I began, grabbing the blank cards, "I haven't finished writing them all yet since I started before you got here, but today we need to start going over grammar." I explained, grabbing my sharpie off of my nightstand. "Sound good?" I asked when he didn't answer, glancing over at him.

I found his gaze was already on me and he lightly nodded his head, looking down at the blank cards in my hand. "Yeah, sounds good. Take your time." He assured, leaning back onto his palms. So that was what I did. I spent my time writing down the different parts to grammar, being sure that I only included the parts he struggled with, like apostrophes, semi colons, colons, ellipsis' and a bunch of other things.

Once I finished filling out the flash cards, I sat up straight and sorted all of the cards into a stack in my hand, smiling up at him. "So, what's going to happen is I'll let you go over these to yourself, and then when you're finished, we'll do them to see how well you remember each one, okay?" I explained, raising a brow.

He nodded and I smiled in satisfaction, handing him the cards so he could look at them himself. While he began to go over those, I took out my phone, seeing that Xander had texted me back again, wanting to know when we could hang out again. After I answered him, another text from him quickly came through again as he asked me if I was free tomorrow, AKA Sunday. I usually took my Sunday as a day to go to the soup kitchen again, but I supposed it wouldn't hurt to not go. It'd been a few weeks since I'd seen Xander, after all.

So I accepted his offer for us to hang out tomorrow, the two of us beginning to make plans on what to do together tomorrow. As I was typing out my message, I felt Luke softly nudged my leg with his hand, causing my eyes to snap up to him. "I'm done." He said, placing the flash cards down in front of me.

I quickly sent Xander my text and placed my phone down, sitting forward so I could focus back on tutoring Luke. "Okay, great." I smiled, beginning to shuffle the cards, not that it really mattered what order we did them in. I just preferred that he not know which card was going to be up next. When the cards were properly shuffled, I began, first starting with the word apostrophe.