37

~Lilith's POV~

Oddly enough, Luke never called me to talk about what had happened at the restaurant on Saturday. He didn't even text me, either. There was never anything from him, so I assumed that that meant he didn't actually want to talk about it, which was fine. I had just kind of expected him to after he agreed we would. However, I could definitely go without talking about it.

Although my date with Maddox had actually gone surprisingly well, I obviously didn't have sex with him. That wasn't my thing. I needed trust and I didn't have that with Maddox whatsoever. Not only that, but I realized I didn't really have any interest in him. Romantically, that is. He just wasn't someone that I found myself attracted to, and I don't mean physically. Maddox and I just didn't have something there between us, or at least not in my eyes. Judging by how handset he'd tried to be on our date, I'd say he did not feel the same. Still, I wasn't interested in dating him, nor was I interested in even trying to go on another date with him. I was pretty sure that he and I were better off friends, if anything at all.

I had told him that and, luckily for me, he had respected my feelings. When he dropped me off at home, he gave me a polite hug and goodbye and then he left. He'd been a complete gentleman about it, which I thought was nice. Some guys just couldn't handle rejection and I was scared that he'd be one of them, but he wasn't.

So now it was Monday and I found myself waking up a little later than normal, being that we were on Christmas break for the next few weeks. Hell, the break was nearly a month long, which I so desperately needed. After having to do my own schoolwork and also help Luke with his, I was really glad to have a break. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed helping Luke and I enjoyed knowing that all that work paid off in getting him to pass English, but it was still work. It still took effort, energy and time out of my week to help him to do those things, so I was glad that I didn't have to worry about that for a while now. Obviously it wasn't over with completely since I had to help him again during the second semester, but it was nice to have a break from having to help him, even just for a while.

Because I didn't have any plans for today, I woke up at noon, feeling incredibly well rested. However, I did feel like I needed to take a shower so I quickly rolled out of bed and headed into my bathroom, locking the door behind me. While my water heated up, I did my business and got undressed. I knew it was hot enough when the steam had fogged up my mirror, which is when I then got in. I decided to take my time and shave as well, since I was getting stubbly yet again. It irritated me how fast my hair grew sometimes.

When I finished getting all washed up, I wrapped myself in a towel and put my glasses on before I left my bathroom. I pulled on a pair of undergarments before I got dressed in pajamas, thinking to myself on whether or not I wanted to do my makeup. It wasn't like I had anything that I was doing today. Wanting to have something to do today, I grabbed my phone and first texted Luke, asking him if he was busy. As I backed out of our conversation after sending the message, I scrolled down through my phone, searching for Scarlett's name in my contacts. Admittedly, part of me didn't expect Luke to answer, so you could imagine my surprise when he texted me back no more than thirty seconds later, telling me he was just sitting at home.

I was surprised, but I quickly texted him back, asking if it'd be okay for me to come over. Again, he answered within seconds, confirming that I could. So I hopped up off of my bed and skipped over to my vanity, beginning to do my makeup. I did my usual base and brows before popping on a set of lashes, looking through my lipsticks in thought. I had no idea what I wanted to wear and I liked to match my lip to my outfit at least a little. So I quickly ran into my closet and took off my pajamas, beginning to search for what I wanted to wear.

First I pulled on a white cropped tank top that had three little angles across the chest and then a cute beige-ish colored skirt that was flowy and loose. I pulled on a pair of white fishnet tights and then a light pink jacket that matched the velvet heels with the beads across the toes and charms hanging from the beaded straps. When I was fully dressed, I headed out of my closet with the pajamas I'd worn and set them on my bed so I could put them back on when I came home later. Then, I grabbed a pinky lipstick and put it on smoothly before putting it down and going to my dresser.