21

~Lilith's POV~

Tuesday morning, I got up and got ready for the day. I took my shower and then did my makeup before I finished with getting dressed, entering into my closet to search for an outfit.

I got dressed in a light pink flowy dress that had a flower pattern and plunging neckline with an open back. Then, I pulled up a pair of sheer, white stockings with pink polka dots and some light pink heels with a lace up ribbon around the ankles that laced up to my lower calves. On the toe there was a little bow and I topped my outfit off with a few gold accessories before I put some deodorant and perfume on. Once I checked the time and saw I had a little time, I headed downstairs and grabbed myself a banana, wanting something to eat before I got to school.

While I made my way out to my car with my things, I peeled my banana and unlocked my car door, sliding in. I took a bite as I started up my engine, carefully pulling out of the driveway in the car and starting down the street. During my drive to school I managed to finish off my banana and, when I got to school and entered the building, I threw the peel into the nearest trash can that I saw. As I turned around, ready to head to my locker, I squealed in surprise as I slammed into a hard chest. "Sorry!" I exclaimed, steadying myself on my feet as I looked up with an apologetic look on my face. What I wasn't expecting was to see Maddox standing there, a guy who was in my gym class.

"Oh." I blinked, stepping away from him. "Hi, Maddox." I said awkwardly, giving him a small smile to be kind. I didn't know Maddox very well at all, but I was well aware of the fact that he wanted in my pants. I wasn't blind or stupid, after all, and he didn't exactly try to be subtle about it.

"Hey," He began, his voice shaking a little. It was easy to tell that he was nervous, and I felt a bit bad for him because of that. Did I really make him that nervous? "Is everything okay? Um, we never talk." I mentioned as I looked at him, wondering why he had just been standing here behind me. I was used to turning and finding someone like Scarlett or even Luke standing behind me, but not Maddox. He and I weren't even really friends. I mean, we hadn't even spoken before, considering the fact that I didn't count him staring at me or flirting as us having a conversation.

"Um," He muttered softly, dragging a hand through his dark hair. "Yeah. Everything's good. Um, j-just wondering if-" He began to speak, but he was cut off when Luke came walking up and smacked him on the back as a greeting, though his gaze was locked on me intently. Maddox frowned deeply and looked over at Luke, shaking his hand off of his back. A little confused, I glanced from Maddox and over to Luke, my brows furrowed. When Luke just stared at me harder, I became more confused and darted my gaze back over to Maddox. "Anyways," I said, dismissing Luke's sudden presence. "What were you going to say?" I asked, curiously eyeing him.

Instead of answering me, he just pursed his lips and shook his head as he awkwardly looked down. "Nothing. Bye." He said, quickly turning around and disappearing down the hallway before I could respond.

I turned to Luke and crossed my arms over my chest, frowning at him. "You scared him off." I scolded, giving him a look. He raised his brows and crossed his arms over his chest right back, scoffing. "You wanted him to ask you out? Because that's the only reason I interfered. I figured I'd save you from that." He explained simply, staring down at me. I paused, frowning now that he had said that. "Are you sure he was going to do that?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him in uncertainty.

Luke nodded curtly, staring down at me. "Yes. He wants to screw you, angel, and I know you, so I figured I'd help you out with getting him away." He explained simply, shrugging. I smiled a little and let my arms fall back to my sides again, calming down a little. He had just stepped in to help me, that was all. "Oh." I smiled happily, pushing my hair behind my ear. "Well, thank you, then." I said. He just awkwardly nodded at my words and took a glance around before he took a step closer to me, as if being near me was something he wanted to keep a secret. I raised a brow at him in confusion, tilting my head up more now that he was closer. "Yes?" I asked, something in me seeming to know that he wanted to say something to me.