13

~Lilith's POV~

We all left the gym and entered the hallways, being re-consumed by the darkness that filled them endlessly. The gym door fell shut behind us and I frowned a little, biting my lip. "Okay. Go!" I heard Emery exclaim, who was not going to be playing because she thought it was dumb. I agreed but, unfortunately, wasn't able to skip out on playing because of Scarlett.

The lot of us split up, beginning to run in other directions to get away from one another. Well, that was what I was doing, anyways. I really didn't plan to lose my first kiss tonight. So I ran off into the darkness, in the opposite direction that everyone else seemed to be gravitating towards in their drunken ways. When I reached a spot that I deemed as safe, I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath, relaxing finally. What I wasn't expecting, however, was for someone's large shadow to come rushing in out of nowhere, right towards me.

A fearful squeal left me and I shied into myself as two hands planted on either side of my head, but thankfully never actually touched me. "That you, Lilith?" Maddox asked, his voice soft and his breath smelling faintly of vodka. Surprisingly, he wasn't drunk like everyone else was. "Yes." I ground out, digging my nails anxiously into my palms as I tried to calm my breathing. Surely he wouldn't kiss me, right?

Wrong, apparently.

Maddox surprised me when he began to near me more, trying to kiss me, but I wasn't having it at all. I ducked under his arms and got away before he could touch me, managing to run directly into someone else as I was trying to get away. The two of us fell down and I heard a low grunt of surprise, obviously from a guy, when I landed on top of him. Luckily for him, I hadn't accidentally kneed him anywhere. "Lilith? What the fuck?" I heard a familiar voice mutter in irritation, shoving me off of him. I ended up in a heap on the floor, scrambling up nervously. "I-I'm sorry! Maddox was trying to kiss me and I panicked!" I explained nervously, fiddling with my fingers.

Luke stood to his full height and I swallowed thickly. "Goddamn it." He sighed deeply. "Couldn't you have bumped into literally anyone else?" He complained, shaking his head angrily. I looked down even though I couldn't see anything at all, able to feel his gaze burning into my face. "It was an accident." I whispered. "Whatever. Let's just get this stupid shit over with." He snapped, nearing me. I stepped back and quickly shook my head, pressing into the wall behind me. "What? No way!" I squawked out, appalled.

He stepped even closer and I leaned away as best as I could. "It's the fucking rule." He huffed. My lips parted and I shook my head, scoffing. "I don't care. You don't like me and I'm not losing my first kiss to someone who doesn't even want to be friends with me." I said firmly, crossing my arms over my chest in finality. I heard him chuckle and my confidence dimmed a little, wondering what was so funny. "You leave and I can guarantee you'll be losing it to someone who wants way more than just friendship from you." He drawled flatly, the both of us knowing that he had a point. "At least this way you know I'm definitely not doing it because I want to." He grumbled bitterly. I bit my lip and pressed myself into the wall more. "Then why?" I pressed.

"Because it's the rule to kiss the person who touches you. That's you, thanks to you not knowing how to walk correctly." He answered mockingly.

I blushed and nodded lightly. "True." I mumbled. "Fine, then. Let's do it." I sighed in agreement, reluctantly nodding my head. I figured there were probably worse people that I could lose my first kiss to, like Maddox. "Fine." He mumbled back, his breath smelling lightly of vodka as it fanned my face. He seemed maybe a little tipsy, but certainly not drunk.

The two of us met in a light kiss, his full lips pressing into mine as my hands shook nervously. It was hesitant and soft, neither one of us really wanting to do this with one another. Maybe if he were at least nice to me and we were friends, I wouldn't have minded it, but he didn't like me. Right? No, he didn't like me. I'd at least hoped to lose my first kiss to someone who was nice to me. That wasn't Luke, though. He and Ruby picked on me all the time and he was mean to me even when I was helping him. Even when I wanted nothing in return, he thought I had some ulterior motive behind helping him, but I didn't. He assumed the worst of me and I hadn't wanted to lose my first kiss to someone like that, but things don't always happen the way you plan them.