25

~Luke's POV~

Once I'd woken up on Friday morning, I'd taken one look at Lilith's sleeping face and panic came crashing in on me. Not because I thought we'd slept together, but because I remembered everything. All of it, from the moment I called her to the moment that we fell asleep with my fingers over hers. So I freaked out.

That was why I had left immediately after gathering my things, leaving her there in bed while I went back home. I don't know what my drunk mind had been thinking when I called her or when I started to say those things to her, but now I was screwed to hell. Could I really be friends with Lilith? Sure, she was kind and adorable, but we hadn't even had a proper conversation, aside from the one last night. The only time we hung out was for tutoring and that was it. Besides, I definitely haven't forgotten the things we did to each other at that party at Scarlett's house. I'd tried to pretend like it never happened, but it was complicated. I mean, you don't do that with friends! You just don't!

So now I was stuck in a place where I had to pretend like I didn't know what she sounded like when she had my fingers inside of her, or the way her face looked when she came for me. I had to pretend like I hadn't fucking cum in my boxers for her or gotten a hard-on like a pre-pubescent boy from her just sitting on my lap. Even as that had happened, I had to pretend like the only thing on my mind wasn't me having my way with her right then and there. It had been accident, both of those things. What we did at that party and that incredibly painful erection I'd gotten in Scarlett's fucking car had both been awful mistakes. Now I had to act like they hadn't happened. Lilith seemed to be able to do that perfectly, though. Granted, she didn't remember the night of the party, but still.

Now that I knew she and I were beginning to slowly form our friendship, I couldn't be having any more accidents like that. Believe it or not, getting along with Lilith was something that I actually wanted. She was extraordinarily kind and I wanted to fix everything, to get to know her better. She hadn't deserved to be treated the way I'd treated her.

That was why, on Monday, I sat down at the cafeteria table during lunch with everyone else, unsurprised to see that Lilith wasn't yet here. Ruby was slowly beginning to talk to me again, probably realizing that I wasn't going to be mean to Lilith just because she didn't like her. It didn't work like that. When Lilith did show up, she was dressed in a pink dress with a little ruffled mesh hem at the bottom and pink and purple flowers on it. The dress had sleeves in a brighter pink that extended to a little around the circle neckline, the sleeves flowy and loose when it ended around her forearm. She had on a pair of pink peep-toe heels that perfectly matched the color of the dress, which looked to be made of leather and were very high. The heels had a strap around the ankle, where they were closed at with a little silver buckle. I don't know how she even walked in them, honestly.

On her face she had her usual face of makeup, but today she'd gone with a pinkish purple for her lips instead of her usual clear gloss. She'd even gotten her nails done again, though this time they were just a simple pink set of nails. Like usual, she looked really pretty.

Lilith sat down carefully in her chair after she put her bag over the back of her chair, scooting beneath the table beside Scarlett and Michael. When she tossed everyone a friendly smile, including me, I decided to return it for the first time. If we were going to build our friendship, then I couldn't just ignore her when she gave me those sweet little smiles. I needed to be nice to her. "Hi!" She chirped at Scarlett, placing her tray on the table. I eyed her for a moment before Ruby lightly nudged me, directing my attention to her and away from Lilith so we could talk. When she started to talk, I sighed deeply and forced myself to pay attention to her for the rest of the lunch period.

When school was over, I followed Lilith home in my car and parked behind her car in the driveway. I got out of my car and locked it, quietly following her up the driveway and to the front door, waiting patiently while she unlocked it.