41

~Luke's POV~

I showed up at Lilith's house on Sunday a little after seven PM, nerves piling up in the pit of my stomach as I knocked on the front door. After I'd been informed of the fact that Lilith's mom was incredibly judgmental, which I kind of already knew, I couldn't seem to relax about having dinner with her family. What if her mom just hated me more?

I bit my lip and looked up at the giant house as I sat in my car, feeling intimidated. Regardless, I forced myself to get out of my car and locked it behind me as I reluctantly made my way up the driveway towards the front porch. Hesitantly, I knocked on the door and waited nervously until the door was swung open. The sight of Lilith's mom greeted me, her blue eyes peering down at me, unimpressed. "Hi." I said awkwardly, feeling the anxious blush creeping up my neck even though I towered over her.

Just to know that her mom already didn't like me was enough to get my nerves through the roof. Lilith was important to me, being that I had these stupid feelings for her, and I wanted her parents to like me.

"Hi." She said flatly, giving me a look as she glanced me up and down. Trying to make everything less awkward, I decided to press on the conversation even though she still hadn't moved to let me in yet. "I never got to know your name." I said, needing something to refer to her as. She rolled her eyes, not even being discreet about her dislike towards me. "My name is Genevieve, but you can just refer to me as Mrs. Savela." She answered, as if it were bad for me to call her by her name. Still, I respected her wishes. "Of course, Mrs. Savela." I complied, nodding my head. I hoped she'd let me in now, but she just glared at me a little. "So, Luke," She began bitterly. "What are your plans with my daughter?" She asked, protective of her.

Not understanding at first, I gave her a confused look and furrowed my brows. Genevieve scoffed, shaking her head. "Are you just here to try to get brownie points with her? Maybe you're hoping she'll let you take her to bed?" She asked me, a mocking tone in her voice. I gaped at her, mortified. "N-No! It's not like that." I said uncomfortably, shaking my head fast. She rolled her eyes. "Please! It's like that with every guy who looks at her. She's a beautiful person, inside and out, and I don't want the likes of you ruining her." She snapped, looking up at me with a surprising fire in her eyes. It was clear to see how much she cared for Lilith and I admired that, even if she was basically saying I didn't want anything but Lilith's body and that I was bad. Lilith deserved people who cared for her. I just hoped Genevieve would see that I was one of those people, too. "She's just a friend." I insisted, knowing full well that I was lying.

To me, Lilith wasn't just a friend. You don't harbor the feelings that I have for Lilith for just a friend. You sure as hell don't fuck them like they're yours, either. The first time that I'd had her, I had intended for it to also be the last time. Something in me couldn't ever resist her, though. I'd tried. I consistently told myself it wouldn't happen again, that I could stop, but I knew it was a lie. I couldn't stop. That had been well passed confirmed by now.

The second and only other time so far that I had fucked her had easily proven to me how bad I was at keeping my feelings in check. The mere idea of her just leaving me that day had had me ready to beg her to stay. Then, I'd gotten angry again when I considered how she paid for everything in every place we went to. I knew it was my own stupidity and my own self-consciousness, but I thought she'd been trying to show me up, to prove how much better she was. Maybe I had thought that because I felt like she was better than me. Just like that, though, I had resorted to taking her up against the wall of my trailer just as a way to deal with both my anger and with her wanting to leave me. I'd been itching to touch her like that again, anyways, and the opportunity had presented itself to me at a time I had less self-control than normal.