6

~Lilith's POV~

On Tuesday afternoon, I walked into English class and took my seat at the back of the class like I normally did, over by the window. I sat my backpack in my lap and took out my textbook, a pencil, and my notebook before I zipped my bag shut and hung it over the back of my chair.

As I flipped open to the first clean page in my notebook, someone took a seat beside me. This wouldn't have usually caught my attention because I normally sat next to a boy named Tristan, but this wasn't Tristan, which is why it caught my attention. I looked up and was surprised to see that it was Luke who had taken a seat beside me, though he didn't look very happy about that. "I wanted to know when we can meet up, you know, for the tutoring." He sighed, looking over at me. For a moment, I just looked at him, still a bit taken aback. "O-Okay, yeah. Well, I'm busy on Tuesday's, Wednesday's, Friday's and Sunday's." I listed, turning to face him more. "So, we can meet up three times a week?" He asked, raising a brow at me. I sighed deeply and gave him an apologetic smile. "Yeah. I'm sorry. If you want, though, I do get back home early on Tuesdays. We can meet up then, too." I offered.

He looked at me for a second and sighed. "Today?" He asked, a little look of distaste on his face. Awkwardly, I shrugged. "If you can't today, that's fine. But Monday, Thursday and Saturday's we have to." I said firmly, raising my brows at him. This wasn't exactly a negotiable thing for me. He needed to be tutored. "Today's fine, I guess." He muttered, sighing. I looked down at the floor, able to tell he really didn't want to do this with me. It wasn't because he didn't want to be tutored, either. It wasn't because he didn't want to be tutored by me. "You sure? You don't seem too happy about this." I mentioned quietly, causing him to snort. "Yeah, angel. It'd be an understatement to say I'm not happy about this. I don't like you much, remember?" He asked, raising a brow as he leaned towards me more.

I bit my lip and nodded. "Okay." I said simply. "But I'm still going to help you."

Luke looked at me for a moment and then sighed deeply, shaking his head. "Okay, then. Whatever you want, like I'm sure you're used to." He scoffed, rolling his eyes. I frowned, a little bit offended by that, but I didn't say anything about it. "We can meet up wherever you want. My house, or your house." I offered, crossing one of my legs over the other. At my words, he scowled and shook his head. "No! We're not going to my house." He snapped, his sudden mood change causing me to flinch in surprise.

"Okay. I'm sorry." I apologized, though I was very confused about why he had gotten so upset about me suggesting we go to his house. He just shrugged and looked down. "Whatever." He muttered. "We can do it at your house." He said, standing up to leave. Before he could walk away from me, I reached out and grabbed his wrist, causing him to jerk away from me. There was a glare on his face as he looked down at me and I quickly pulled my hand back, situating myself in my chair. "I get home at seven." I noted to him quietly.

Of course, he just walked away.

**

As I pulled into the driveway after my day, I realized Luke was already parked in my driveway in his car. Well, his car was parked in my driveway and he was sat atop the hood by himself, his head down turned to look at his phone.

I parked my car and got out, shutting and locking the doors as he slid off of the hood. "Sorry I'm a little late. It took a bit longer than I was expecting, so I stayed for a few." I apologized, but he just shrugged. "What were you doing, anyways?" He muttered curiously, following me up the driveway and up my porch. "Oh." I smiled, beginning to unlock the front door. "Well, I like to go to soup kitchens and help serve food." I said, opening the door and letting him go inside before me.

Luke looked a bit surprised to hear that, but he didn't comment and instead covered up his surprise with a blank face. "Right." He muttered, waiting for me while I shut and locked the front door. I smiled lightly at him and he rolled his eyes, which instantly wiped my smile off my face as I looked down at the floor. "Follow me, then." I whispered, already walking past him and towards the stairs. Like I said to, he followed after me up the stairs and down the hallway towards my bedroom. I pushed open my bedroom door and let him go in first, hearing him mutter a light "damn" when he saw my room. A heat flamed in my cheeks and I was glad he couldn't see it because of the makeup I had on, skittering in behind him. "You sure like pink." He mentioned, his brows raised.