5

~Lilith's POV~

When everyone had gone to bed that night, I took off my makeup in my bedroom, the door shut as Xander laid awake on my bed. I cleaned the false lashes I'd had on and carefully put them back where they belonged, heading into my bathroom to wash my face to be sure my face was clean and bare of makeup. I'd already used a wipe, but it was best to clean my face anyways.

I finished washing my face and then patted my skin dry, brushing a strand of my hair behind my ear so it wasn't in my face anymore. Then, I carefully took my contacts out and blinked, my eyes watering a little as I put them into their case. I grabbed my glasses with a rose-gold colored thin metal frame, putting them on so I could see again. My sock clad feet padded against the floors as I left the bathroom and headed into my bedroom, tying my hair up into a bun. It was a little messy because I wasn't the best at doing buns, but it looked good enough for me.

"Aw," Xander cooed teasingly from my bed, grinning. "You look so cute." He teased, laughing to himself when I glared at him. "That's not funny." I complained, crawling into my bed beside him. He chuckled, shaking his head as he scooted over so I had more room in bed. "I just think you look cute. You look so different without your makeup on." He shrugged, giving me a smile. He leaned back into the pillows I had, running his hands over the fur on my bed scarf. I slid beneath the blanket, looking up at him. "So, what's this girls name that you're trying to win over?" I asked, curious.

For this first time ever since I'd known him, Xander blushed. "Her name's Chloe." He said, grinning. "Chloe? What's she like? Must be pretty great if she rejected you." I teased, laughing when he scowled angrily. "Shut up! She didn't reject me!" He exclaimed defensively, crossing his arms over his chest. His brows furrowed down and his lips formed into a subconscious pout. "Oh? That's not what it sounds like to me." I said, only laughing more when he smacked me on the arm. "No! She didn't reject me." He whined. I only snickered some more, a large smile on my face as I looked up at him. "You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better." I responded simply.

He huffed and shook his head softly, looking over at me. "I missed you, you know." He mentioned, a genuine small smile on his face. I pushed my glasses up when I felt them sliding down my nose a little bit, returning his smile with one of my own. "I missed you, too." I admitted. The both of us laid down onto our sides so that we were facing one another, his dark brown eyes staring into my light blue ones. "I'm glad you were the one who texted me." I said eventually, a little lost in my own thoughts. He raised a brow, a smile nudging up at the edge of his lips. "Eres tú?" He hummed, causing me to smile and nod my head. "I am. We've been best friends since seventh grade, after all." I grinned, nudging his arm with my hand. Then, I leaned forward and lowered my voice to a whisper.

"But don't think I'll forget that time you professed your love for me in ninth grade." I teased.

Xander groaned out a complaint in Spanish and placed a hand over his face. "You're really not ever gonna let that go, are you?" He complained, shaking his head as he shoved my arm. I laughed, thinking back on it with a big smile on my face. What had happened was Xander had taken an interest in this girl, Adelaide. By interest, I mean he wanted to bed her, but she was a virgin. When Xander learned this, he decided he no longer wanted to bed her because he didn't want to be the one to do that. He didn't care about her like that and Adelaide, as I'd told him, was the type of girl who fell for guys that looked at her for more than five seconds. When I told him that, he decided he really didn't want to do that, so he tried to push her away and tell her this.

Adelaide, though, didn't keep away. Not until one day, in the middle of the hall, when Xander came running up to me and "professed" his love for me. This girl was the type who wasn't a home wrecker. So she backed off and left him alone. She was so sweet and, even as Xander's imaginary lover, I liked that.