20

~Lilith's POV~

I ended up making plans with Xander to meet for frozen yogurt on Sunday at the local frozen yogurt place in town, the both of us agreeing to meet each other there at one PM. Since it was currently a little past ten AM on Sunday morning, I decided I needed to get out of bed to get ready.

After I got out of the shower, I went into my bedroom and put on a bra and underwear, brushing my damp hair out. Then, I began my makeup at my vanity, looking up when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "Lil!" I heard my dad call through the door, causing me to look up. "Yeah?" I called back, carefully and precisely penciling in my brows. "Is it alright if I come in?" He asked, so I stopped doing my makeup for a second and grabbed a nightgown, throwing it on for the time being. "Yes!" I confirmed, sitting back down at my vanity as my bedroom door swung open.

My dad poked his head into the room before entering entirely, looking over at me while I did my makeup. "You have plans today?" He asked me, cocking his head to the side curiously. I finished off my brows and looked up at him, holding my bronzer and a brush in my hands. "Yeah. Xander and I are going to meet up for frozen yogurt at Spoons." I said, beginning to lightly apply my bronzer to my face. "Xander? Ah, I remember him." He nodded, chuckling. "I always liked him." He admitted, giving me a smile.

"Anyways, back to what I came here for." He said, shaking his head to get his thoughts back on track. "Your mom and I were thinking about taking a week off during your thanksgiving break. That way we can spend more time together." He mentioned, causing me to pause doing my makeup and look up at him. "Wait, really?" I gasped, a grin forming on my face out of excitement. He grinned back, nodding his head. "Yeah. I know we leave you alone a lot and you don't get to see us much." He said, causing me to smile. "So I needed to know the week you have off so that mom and I can take off work that week." He elaborated. I grinned and hopped up out of my chair, skittering over to him to wrap him in a big hug. "I'm out of school on the twenty fifth to the first, and then we start back up on the second." I answered, smiling up at him as I pulled away.

Dad smiled and placed a kiss on the top of my head. "Okay, great. Well, I'll leave you to get ready, so you're not late." He said, giving me another hug before he pulled away. "Okay. Love you." I smiled. He smiled at me and stepped back, readying to leave my bedroom. "Love you too. Have fun with Xander." He said, quietly closing my bedroom door behind him.

I sat back down at my vanity and continued to do my makeup, feeling excited about my parents taking off a week for thanksgiving. Because my parents worked so much, I hardly ever saw them, especially during holidays. Usually the only time I saw them during holidays was during Christmas, but even then they only were off the first few days of the new year as well as on Christmas, New Years Eve and Christmas Eve. Otherwise, they worked a lot and weren't around much. That was usually the only holiday that they took off. Even though I missed them when they worked a lot, I did understand that it was to keep a roof over our heads and to provide for us. Money doesn't just grow on trees, after all.

Forcing myself to stop thinking and instead focus on doing my makeup, I put my bronzer away and instead took out my blush, applying some to my cheeks. After I did that, I swiped some mascara onto my lashes and then carefully applied a pair of false lashes, making sure they were on perfect before putting on some highlight. Lastly, I put on some lip gloss with pink glitter in it and then got up, heading into my closet to find an outfit. I knew it was a little more cold outside today, so I decided to dress warmer for once.

I grabbed a pair of high-waisted denim skinny jeans and pulled them on, my fingers brushing over the little white lace-up detail in the back. Then, I pulled on a white cropped tank top and threw on a cropped cardigan over it, which had a pink and white checkered pattern on it with a soft, fuzzy texture. For shoes, I grabbed a pair of pink ankle cut platform boots with a thick heel and a round toe. I slid my phone into my pocket after I checked what time it was, seeing that it was nearing twelve thirty PM, which meant I needed to get going soon. So I went over to my dresser and put on both deodorant and perfume, deciding to leave my glasses on for today.