27

~Lilith's POV~

On Monday morning, I walked into school and was in the middle of eating my apple when Luke came up to me. I gave him a friendly smile and he returned it with a small one of his own. "Hi." I greeted, taking a bite of my apple. He peered down at me and lightly nodded his head. "Hi." He returned, his voice light.

Once I finished chewing my apple, I spoke. "Is everything okay?" I wondered, taking another bite out of my apple. He was quiet for a moment before he suddenly cut in front of me, his large frame blocking me from walking any further. My brows furrowed in confusion and I looked up at him, cocking my head to the side. "Um," He cleared his throat and wiped his palms on his pants with a blush in his face. "Look, I'm sorry to ask, but..." He began to say, sounding a little embarrassed. "Well, I told my parents that I couldn't be at home this weekend for dinner because I was spending it with you and then they told me to bring you." He blurted, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

Taken aback, I stared up at him with my lips parted. There were three different things he'd said in that one sentence that I was greatly confused about. "Wait. Why would you...not stay at your house with your parents?" I asked, confused. He sighed deeply and seemed to close himself off a little bit at the subject. "Never mind that." He said softly, shaking his head to let me know he didn't want to talk about it. "I just need you to come with me." He sighed, looking down at me pleadingly. Although I knew he was waiting for me to answer, I still had questions. "Why would you say you were going to be with me this weekend?" I frowned, my brows furrowing together.

For a moment, he just looked down at me, that light pink tint still staining his cheeks. Then, his lips parted as he let out a deep sigh. "I might've said that you were my girlfriend." He grumbled, shaking his head to himself, as if he couldn't believe he had ever said that. Truthfully, I couldn't believe it either. I gaped up at him and he gave m a sheepish smile, running a hand through his curls. "Yeah." He muttered awkwardly. "Why would you do that?" I squealed, shocked. He and I were barely beginning to form our friendship and now he was telling his parents we were dating, just so he could get out of dinner? That made me a little confused, but I didn't mind helping him if he needed it.

"I didn't know who else to say. They wouldn't have believed me if I said Ruby, or Scarlett or Emery or Trinity. They don't know about you, though. So I just...said your name. It just came out." He explained, sighing deeply. I looked up at him for a moment, throwing my apple core into the trash can that was next to us. "So you want me to come to dinner with your parents?" I asked slowly, furrowing my brows.

"No," He shook his head. "My parents do." He corrected.

Although I felt like his words were a little mean, I just sent him a frown and played with the fabric of my dress. "When am I supposed to be doing this, then?" I asked softly, crossing my arms over my chest. He paused and looked down at me with his brows raised. "Wait. Does that mean you'll do it?" He asked, his voice laced with surprise. I bit my lip and gave him a smile, lightly nodding my head. "It does, yes." I confirmed, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. A smile nudged up onto his lips and he happily wrapped me in a quick hug, pulling me into his chest. "Shit. Thank you." He chuckled, letting out a breath of relief.

My lips pulled into s grin and I hugged him back, staring up at him. "You're welcome." I grinned, hugging him tightly before he broke our embrace. "Now, then. When is this happening?" I repeated, letting my arms fall back to my sides. He cleared his throat and ran a hand down the front of his shirt to smooth it down. "Right," He hummed, nodding. "It's on Saturday night." He answered, biting his cheek. I hummed and played with the straps of my backpack, frowning. "Oh, okay." I muttered quietly. "I can pick you up, if you want me to." He offered, his blue eyes scanning my face.