36

~Luke's POV~

"You didn't tell me you were going on a fucking date with Maddox!" I hissed at Lilith as she walked into PE the next day, causing her to blink in surprise. "I didn't know that I was supposed to." She said awkwardly, confused. The door shut behind her and she went to step around me to go sit down, but I grabbed her arm instead. "Lilith, this is not a good idea. The guy basically just wants to fuck your brains out and then leave." I scoffed, looking down at her.

She gasped and shushed me, unable to believe how loudly I'd just said that. "Luke, it's just one date. Besides, it's not like I plan to do let him do that. He'd have to work a lot harder to get me in bed with him." she assured, shrugging carelessly. I looked at her for a second, wondering if she was actually being serious. Why would she do that?

"Are y-" I gaped at her, shaking my head. "You're really gonna go on a date with him?" I asked, looking down at her with a furrow in my brows. She lightly nodded her head and smiled up at me, that same bright smile that always made me swoon. I was a goddamn sucker for her and those sweet little smiles of hers. "Why?" I breathed, the breath slowly returning to my lungs as I peered down at her. "You know what he wants." I said softly, confused.

Lilith shrugged lightly and crossed her arms over her chest. "Maybe he's nice, Luke. Besides, what harm can one little date do?" She said optimistically, but that wasn't the answer that I had been hoping to hear. I didn't want her to go on a date with him. I didn't even want her to consider going on a date with him, both of which I knew weren't fair of me to want. It wasn't like I had the balls to make her mine, after all. I didn't have the right to be so possessive when she wasn't mine. She's not mine.

I sighed deeply, forcing myself to remember that. She's not mine. "Okay." I said reluctantly, nodding my head. "Um, when is this date, anyways?" I asked, curious. She beamed at me, glad that I had evidently "relaxed" about her going on this date with Maddox. However, the key word here was evidently.

"It's tomorrow, actually." She answered, those blue-green eyes peering up at me. She had the prettiest eyes I'd ever seen, hands down. "He said he's going to take me to a restaurant for lunch, but he didn't tell me which one." She said, pouting. My heart throbbed and I nodded, releasing the hold I had on her arm so that she could go sit down now if she wanted to. "Does that mean that we're not doing tutoring tomorrow, then?" I asked, frowning.

She paused and bit her cheek. "Well, I figured that it wouldn't hurt you too much. I think you've got everything down pretty good." She admitted, shrugging lightly. I couldn't help but to feel a little bit upset, not because I wanted to be tutored, but because that meant I wouldn't be able to find a reason for her to not go on this stupid date with him. "Oh. Cool." I mumbled, stalking away from her to sit down in my own spot.

She followed me and stood beside me as I sat on the floor, peering down at me. "What's wrong?" She asked me, confused. I craned my neck back, staring up at her. "Nothing. I was just asking." I dismissed, shrugging.

After a moment, she nodded lightly and then quickly skittered over to her spot when Coach Rivera and Powell entered, sitting down. For the rest of the class, I found myself eyeing her, even as we were doing jumping jacks and stretching.

**

The next day, I formulated a plan that probably wasn't a good idea. However, to me it seemed better than just doing nothing, so I considered it a good idea anyways. I got up around nine AM, beginning to ready for the day I had planned ahead.

When I was ready, it was a little after eleven AM and I headed out of my house, climbing into my car. The drive over to this little coffee shop that served sandwiches, soups, chips, and things like that was a fairly short one, relaxing when I saw that she was here. It was Isabella sat in a booth, AKA my partner in crime for the day. I suppose to say my partner in being a creepy stalker was more accurate, though.