40

~Lilith's POV~

In the morning, Luke woke me up by softly shaking my shoulders until my eyes peeled open. I tiredly rubbed my eyes and sat up when I realized that he was already sat up, leaning onto one hand. "Luke?" I mumbled sleepily, confused. "Why are you waking me up?" I asked.

He gestured over to the bedroom door and I realized then that mom was talking as she knocked on my bedroom door. "Lilith!" She called, trying to open the locked door. "Why is this door locked?!" She exclaimed through the door, knocking on it persistently. "I thought I told you that Luke wasn't to sleep in your room!" She said angrily, continuously knocking on the door. I scrambled out of my bed and my feet hit the cold floor, goosebumps rising on my skin at the cold air. "Oh, god. She's gonna kill me." I whimpered, skittering over to my bedroom door. I quickly unlocked the door and pulled it open, my other hand fiddling nervously with the fabric of my dress as my mom came barging into my room the second I had the door open a little. I stepped away from the door quickly, my hands falling back down to my sides as I looked at her.

When mom spotted Luke sitting up in my bed with an uncomfortable look on his face, she scowled and turned to me with anger in her eyes. "Damn it. Lilith, I told you he wasn't allowed to sleep in your room with you." She snapped, crossing her arms over her chest. I stared up at her with my lips parted, nervously fiddling with my fingers. "W-We just slept, Mom." I stammered out, shifting anxiously on my feet. I didn't get in trouble almost ever, so I wasn't used to it much. I'd always been the type of girl to not get in trouble because I hated being yelled at or even scolded.

She huffed and narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm not mad because I think you and him did something. I'm mad because you directly disobeyed me. All I asked was for you to not let him sleep in your room and you couldn't even do that!" She exclaimed, her blue eyes darting to Luke as he sat up in my bed.

"And you," She scowled, full on glaring at him. "I'm not going to have you corrupting my daughter. You'd better stop seeing her if you know what's best for you." She snapped, causing me to gape at her. "Mom, please. He's my friend!" I pleaded, lightly grabbing her arm when did went to go yank him out of my bed. "Please, Mom, stop. He's not corrupting me." I promised, softly holding onto her wrist. She yanked her wrist out of my hold and glared at me. "Yes he is! You went against my orders, Lilith, and you never do that. You're trying to tell me you didn't do it because of him?" She scoffed, raising a brow at me condescendingly. I looked at her, completely silent. "No." I answered.

Suddenly, Luke cut in. "Lilith didn't go against what you said. She tried to get me to sleep in the other room, but I...came in here anyways. It was my fault, not hers." He mentioned to her, the sound of his voice causing her head to whip over in his direction. She narrowed her blue eyes at him. "Are you saying you were trying to pull a move on her?!" She exclaimed in a shrill voice, immediately making his jaw drop in surprise as he roughly shook his head. "N-No! No, no! It's not...It wasn't like that." He assured quickly, a flustered and embarrassed blush in his cheeks at being asked that kind of question by my mom. My mom!

"Oh, no? Then what was it like?" She asked flatly, unamused and unconvinced. She was mad and she didn't like him very much, I could tell. Admittedly, that upset me because I just knew she was only being judgmental and snobbish. She'd taken one look at him last night and instantly hadn't liked him. Granted, he'd been drunk, but he very clearly was harmless.

"I was just...I-I have trouble sleeping alone in places I'm not used to and L-Lilith, um, makes it easier." He said uncomfortably, crossing his arms over his chest in a shy manner. Mom only glared at him some more, her hands placed on her hips with an unhappy look on her face. "I don't care." She said flatly. I looked up at her, frowning. "Mom, please stop. He's really not a bad influence or anything." I insisted softly, furrowing my brows in distress. Her gaze switched back over to me. "Tell me you're joking. The first time I meet him he's drunk and yet you expect me to believe he's not a bad influence on you?" She scoffed, shaking her head.