35

~Lilith's POV~

I woke up early on Thursday morning and began to get ready, taking my time in the shower to shave the stubble that was beginning to grow. When I finished showering thoroughly, I got out and headed into my room, pulling on a set of undergarments before sitting at my vanity to do my makeup.

By the time I had finished doing my makeup, it was nearing six thirty and I still needed to get dressed, brush my hair, and put on deodorant and perfume. I skittered into my closet and carefully pulled on a baby blue dress with an angel print in white and gold all over it, throwing on a pair of baby blue heels that had a rounded toe. However, when I looked at myself, I still felt like something was missing. I hummed and grabbed a cropped baby blue jacket that was fuzzy, the sleeves naturally drooping down off of my shoulders just a bit. Now that I was dressed, I headed into my room and put some deodorant on under my jacket before I switched my silver accessories out for gold ones, since my dress had gold on it. For me, mixing silver and gold just wasn't a good idea or look. I didn't like to do it. Something about it just looked wrong to me.

When I had gold accessories on, I brushed my hair out and then spritzed on some perfume before I was ready to go. I grabbed my backpack and happily stalked out of the house, getting into my car. The engine rumbled to life as I put the key in the ignition and turned on the car, beginning the short drive to school. I arrived a little after seven AM and made my way inside, intending on going to find Scarlett or maybe even Luke.

However, almost as soon as I entered, Maddox was right in front of me, forcing me to stop where I was. I blinked in surprise and looked up at him, giving him a kind smile. "Oh. Hi, Maddox." I greeted, to which he smiled back. "Hi. Sorry, but I wanted to talk to you." He said, surprising me more when he boldly slid his hand into mine and tugged me off to the side so we weren't in the way. I looked up at him with great confusion as we stood by the wall, wondering what he could want to talk to me about. We never spoke. He seemed nice enough, but we weren't friends. "Okay, sure." I said anyways, waiting for him to say to me what he needed to say.

"I was wondering if you'd go on a date with me." He said confidently, causing me to stare up at him with my brows raised.

"Oh." I said awkwardly, not wanting to hurt his feelings. "M-Maddox, I'm sorry. I just...I don't-" I started to refuse, but he suddenly cut me off. "Is this because you have a crush on Luke?" He asked, earning a shocked look from me. "What?" I gasped, shaking my head aggressively. "No, no. Nope, that's not it." I denied, wondering that was something he would've even thought. "Why would you think that?" I asked, confused.

He pursed his lips uncomfortably. "Well...I didn't tell anyone, but Luke told me and a few other guys that he took your virginity. I thought maybe you let him do that because you had feelings for him." He explained. At his words, I felt a pang of betrayal hit me in the chest, unable to believe he had not only told people what we'd done together, but that I was a virgin. He promised he'd never say anything about it and now he was telling people. "W-What?" I frowned, shocked. "No...Maddox, Luke only had that privilege because I trust him." I said, but then I paused. "Or I used to, anyways." I sighed deeply, a frown on my face.

Maddox bit his lip and sighed deeply. "Oh, okay. I was hoping you didn't have a crush on him. I wouldn't want you to get hurt." He said, giving me a small smile. Confused, I looked up at him. "To get hurt? What do you mean?" I asked, frowning.

I noticed the way his lips turned down into a frown. "Well...Luke was saying some stuff. He said that you were a good fuck, but that that was it. Said he didn't want you and that anyone who did was welcome to try their chances." He explained, only bringing me another round of hurt. Tears pricked my eyes and I looked down, unable to believe he'd said something like that about me, as if I were just some game for people to take their chances at getting into bed with. As if he had already taken his chances and succeeded. He acted as if I were absolutely nothing to him, not even a friend. You don't say those types of things about your friends.