24

~Lilith's POV~

It wasn't until Friday that I got a call from Luke, that being the first time that he had even tried to talk to me since what had happened Tuesday. Maybe he didn't think that he needed to talk about that. There wasn't really anything left to say, after all. He had apologized on that day and told me he couldn't control it. That had only happened because of the circumstances that we'd put in. It only happened because I was on his lap and Scarlett, as I discovered, isn't the best driver, so she drove fast and I was sort of bouncing around from how fast she was driving. It was circumstantial. Any guy would've had that happen, not just Luke. He hadn't meant anything by it, so why would he call me to talk about it?

I knew he was embarrassed, though. It was obvious, even as it had been happening. He had been just as mortified as me. To me, that seemed understandable, which is why I didn't think much of him not contacting me after that. I had tried to contact him several times, asking about when he was next available for tutoring since we still did have to do that, but he never answered me. Not even once.

That changed, though, on Friday. Specifically, on Friday at three AM.

It was three AM, so I was asleep in bed, curled up beneath my covers in my pajamas. Suddenly, though, I was woken out of my sleep by the sound of my phone ringing on my nightstand, the loud sound piercing into the silence. A groan left my lips but I reached out and grabbed my phone from the table, lifting it to my ear as I answered it. "Hello?" I yawned tiredly, not even looking at the caller ID as I sat up and rubbed my eyes to see better, even though it was completely dark in my bedroom. There was no seeing.

When I just heard the sound of heavy breathing, I was a little freaked out and almost just hung up my phone, honestly. Before I could, though, a voice finally spoke. It was slurred and low, but I easily recognized it. "Lilith?" He slurred into the phone drunkenly. "Is that you, little angel?" He muttered, sounding drunk and very tired.

At the sound of Luke's voice, I relaxed and realized it wasn't some scary stalker like I had momentarily thought it was. "Yes, it's me." I whispered back, not wanting to be too loud. "Is everything okay? Why are you calling me at three AM, while you're drunk?" I asked softly, my concern easily showing through in my voice. I sat up in my bed and quietly turned on the lamp on my bedside table while I waited for him to answer me, pulling my blankets over me a bit more. "I-I need you to come get me." He stammered, but that did very little to ease my concerns or my confusion. In fact, it just brought me more.

"Come get you?" I repeated quietly, furrowing my brows. "What do you mean? What's wrong?" I asked, now growing a little worried. Luke let out a low curse into the phone, but it didn't seem directed at me. "I can't find the keys to my house and so I can't get in. I need a place to crash. Please, angel?" He was practically pleading, sounding hopeful. "Fine," I sighed, shaking my head. "I need to know where you're at first." I answered, already slipping my way out of my bed. I went into my closet and put on my pink slippers with fuzz over the toes, covering my feet so I could drive.

Luke answered the question I had asked him and I nodded to myself, grabbing my glasses so I could see while I was driving. "Okay, Luke. I'll be there in about fifteen minutes. I need you to stay where you're at, okay?" I asked, getting my keys off of my dresser so I could leave. He groaned on the other end of the phone. "Okay." He whined softly, clearly very drunk.

So I hung up and set out of my house very quietly so as to not disturb my parents, not even caring that I was dressed in my silk pink nightgown with the word 'spoiled' over the left breast. Nor did I care that I didn't have a bra on. I just needed to get Luke and get back home, that's all. The drive ended up being just a few minutes short of fifteen minutes when I saw Luke walking down the side of the road, not staying where he'd said he would. I came to a stop on the side of the road and quietly shut my door as I got of the car, frowning at Luke while he grinned at me. "Hi, there." He slurred, stumbling over his feet as he tried to step forward. Thankfully he managed to steady himself and not fall, so I didn't pay it much mine.