15

~Lilith's POV~

On Monday, I headed into school and went over to my locker, quietly humming to myself as I put in the combination. The door creaked a bit as I swung it open, but I paid it no mind and simply began to put a few textbooks into my bag.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around, curious and confused as to who had touched me. I came face-to-face, or more so face to chest, with Luke as he towered over me in all his glory. "Oh. Hi." I chirped at him with a smile, looking up at him. He raised a brow and gave me a simple nod. "Hi." He answered simply, running a hand through his hair.

I waited for him to speak, but he never said anything. "Well....did you need something?" I asked hesitantly, my brows furrowing in confusion. He sighed softly and nodded, crossing his arms over his chest. "Look, I have to have dinner with my parents this weekend, so I can't make it to your house on Saturday." He explained, looking down at me. I gave him another smile and shrugged, turning around. "That's fine." I said positively, closing my locker and moving the lock a little so it couldn't be opened by someone.

When I turned back towards him, Luke had his brows furrowed a little. "Oh. Okay." He mumbled, nodding. I put my backpack on my back and flicked my hair out of my face, raising a brow up at him. "Anything else?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

He stared down at me for a second. "I, um, I passed my test for English." He mentioned, something akin to shyness and yet pride in his voice. I grinned up at him and clapped my hands, excited for him. "Really?!" I exclaimed happily. His lips quirked up a little bit and he nodded his head. "Yeah. I got a ninety." He said, causing me to throw my arms around him in a hug. "That's so great! Good job!" I cheered, practically squeezing the life out of him.

Despite my tight hold on him, he just chuckled and seemed unbothered by it. "I used to get like, forties and fifties, so thank you." He admitted, patting me on the back. I looked up at him as I pulled away a bit, raising a brow. "If you get that anymore with me tutoring you, I'll be very upset." I remarked, pulling away completely and delivering a simple pat to his chest.

"Why's that?" He asked, looking down at me. I gave him a look, expecting it to be obvious. "Because I'm putting in all this time to tutor you. I'd hope it would help you at least a little." I explained, shrugging.

Luke smiled a little and shook his head. "Well, it is, so you don't have to worry about that." He assured me, giving me a little nudge to my arm as I walked past him. Surprisingly enough, he followed after me, following into step next to me while we walked. "Um, are we meeting up today, though?" He asked me, curious. I looked up at him and shook my head, giving him an apologetic smile. "I can't. I didn't go to the soup kitchen Friday, so I was going to go today." I explained.

He frowned a little but nodded his head regardless, looking down at the floor as he continued walking beside me. "Oh, okay. That's fine." He said, waving his hand in a dismissive manner. I entered the cafeteria and he followed after me, the two of us heading towards the table where Michael, Emery and Scarlett were sat together as they waited for the bell to dismiss us all to first period. I sat down beside Scarlett and she smiled at me, scanning her brown eyes over my outfit in approval. Although I didn't normally, today was one of the rare days that I had decided to wear a color that wasn't pink.

Instead, I'd opted to wear a matching light blue skirt and tube top. The tube top and skirt were both lined with white plaid lines and the top had a ruffled trim along the bottom. My high-waisted skirt was pleated and had zips up the sides with O-ring pulls. Then, I had put on a pair of white boots with a round toe and thick heels. I had on a silver necklace with five charms, the one in the middle being a small cupid with the other charms being small hearts.