C6. Notebook Paper

Jiang Xiuwen took a look at that face that was so handsome that it made people of the same sex jealous, and people of the opposite sex obsessed. He sourly made a noise of disapproval, and couldn't help but to use his legs to kick him again. He suggested unkindly, "You can try sunbathing, making your skin a bit more rough, and then moving bricks in construction to get some muscles. As for your hair, you can just shave it all off. If you do all of these things, I promise that you'll look like you've lived through hard times, and look more like a rough and tough manly man, never to look young and handsome again."

This idea couldn't be more off the mark. Di Qiuhe rolled his eyes at him, avoided the leg that he tried to use to kick him, raised his long legs, and deliberately put them down on the tea table in between the sofas. He lay on the sofa like he had no bones at all, lifted his cell phone, and sneered, "If just doing this would let Uncle Jiang agree, then I would have done it sooner." What Uncle Jiang wanted was a feeling, not the appearance, and he already made the decision of putting the script on the backburner if he couldn't find a suitable actor. This kind of attitude that put quality over anything else really let people have headaches, but was also something that was worthy of respect.

A good movie needed a good director, a good script, good actors, a good team, and a good attitude. When he read the first draft of this script in Uncle Jiang's hands, he was immediately blown away. With the premise of having a good script, Uncle Jiang would definitely put together everything that was needed to make sure the good script was utilized to its full potential.

He was now blocked by Huangdu, and his jobs were stopping one after the other. In not even half a year, he would completely disappear from the public eye. Besides his true love fans, there would be nobody else paying attention to this new actor who popularity was so fleeting.

On this point, he really had to admire that woman Qin Li, because she chose one of the most smart, and most simple ways to let him slowly, but surely, lose everything that he had worked hard to achieve.

Letting warm water slowly become cold was a lot more effective than putting ice in boiling water to force it to lower its temperature. If an actor lost his exposure, and missed the golden age for development, the result would be exactly the way you imagined it to be.

Jiang Xiuwen looked at his lazy appearance, and knew that his mood started to become bad again. Thinking about his current situation, he sat up and said worriedly, "That stepmother of yours blocked you in the industry, and is even holding your contract. Your father's being swayed again by her pillowtalk, so what are you planning on doing? Even if you manage to persuade my dad, your contract is still with Huangdu. That stepmother of yours won't let you easily jump to my dad's boat."

The background picture on his phone was of a foolish looking handsome student's ID. He using his hands to poke the dimple on the other person's face, raised the corners of his mouth in a not so obvious manner, and said indifferently, "If Uncle Jiang decides to use me, then I naturally have a way to make that contract useless, and even let that woman suffer a loss."

Jiang Xiuwen saw that he said everything with everything in mind, knew that he had his own ideas on how to handle everything, and put down the worries in his heart. He leaned back into the sofa, and went back to his not-so-serious appearance from before, asking, "Then what if my dad isn't willing to use you no matter what? Are you really going to let your stepmother block you for five, ten years?"

"Two years, at the most." He put down his cell phone, squinted at the delicate ceiling over his head, and said casually, "Half a year. I can still spend half a year trying to convince Uncle Jiang. If after half a year, it's still not possible, then Lin Mo still has a TV drama waiting for me."