C9. A Cute Girl

Di Qiuhe inhaled a long breath out of nervousness, and he exhaled reservedly. He released his fingers which were clenching tight on the teacup, bowing deeply towards Xu Yinrong and said reverently, "Elder Xu, thanks for the affirmation, I appreciate it."

Xu Yinrong leaned askew to avoid Di's courtesy, shaking his hands as a gesture of "you are welcome".

Jiang Guanshan coughed and tapped gently on the table.

Di Qiuhe reached for the teapot and poured tea for him, looking him directly in the eye, said in a more reverent tone, "Thanks for the opportunity, Uncle Jiang, and, sorry for letting you down in the past."

"En." Jiang Guanshan finally accepted his apology, holding the teacup in the hand, he said, "Qiuhe, you've been close friends with Xiuwen for years, I watched you guys growing up together."

Di Qiuhe's eyelashes quivered, repressing the excitement of getting what he had long wished for in the heart, lowered his head in silence for seconds. And he raised his head to smile at Jiang Guanshan, relaxing his tight shoulders, "Silly me, it was me who had been tunnel-visioned."

As a director, Jiang Guanshan had an eye for people. He and Xiuwen had been close friends for years, Uncle Jiang surely knew who he really was. It was ridiculous that he had been approaching Uncle Jiang with a mask on. No wonder when he tried to convince Uncle Jiang for the role of Cheng Jun, he was only told he couldn't quite deliver for his disguised personality. Now to think of it, Uncle Jiang was doing him a big favor be merely giving him a chance to read through the scripts, a shame that he hadn't understood Uncle Jiang and almost put Uncle Jiang's regard down the drain.

"He who was involved can't see as clear as a bystander." Jiang Guanshan saw how Di Qiuhe finally came around, he continued straightforwardly, "If you hadn't visit me today, you wouldn't get the role of Cheng Jun."

Di Qiuhe shuddered in the heart, waiting for Jiang Guanshan to continue.

"But you are here, and you apologized." Jiang Guanshan's expression turned soft, he looked at Di Qiuhe with complicated feelings, and sighed, "Qiuhe, I've heard one thing or two about what happened in your family from Xiuwen, self-protection is human nature, I totally get that. But you are pushing people further when they approach you with good intentions. Qiuhe, you are leading yourself into a dead end."

Di Qiuhe looked on the ground, feeling his long-closed heart now cracking open a gap. He knew what Uncle Jiang said was right, they were neither relatives or stakeholders, Uncle Jiang could have not confided with him and watching him fumbling in the wrong way as a bystander, but Uncle Jiang not only did the opposite, but also he went so far to organize this meeting, Uncle Jiang must have treated him as an endearing junior. On reflection, he was the one who put on a mask and had misinterpreted Uncle Jiang, which almost cost him this opportunity

"I'm sorry." He apologized again, full of gratitude.

Seeing Di Qiuhe like this, Jiang Guanshan knew Di Qiuhe had taken in what he said. He nodded in content, said gently, "You are a good kid, just keep this in mind, don't give negative thoughts the chance to take over your mindset, the best self-protection is strengthening yourself instead of isolating outside world by putting a mask on, it doesn't matter what you are isolating is good or bad."

Di Qiuhe nodded in agreement, feeling his prospects that were deemed as negative now unfolding vividly in front of him.

He Bai finally got messages from the buyer just before the afternoon class.

A Bird Born in Autumn: Sorry for the delay to reply. Please send the autograph to XX Street, Red Guest Studio. Recipient: Jiang Xiuwen. Ph: 13xxx. No rush, just send it at your convenience, and WeChat me after you send it.