C54. Summer Cold (2)

"The brand positioning of Little Mermaid is a light luxury. As its brand leader, Lin Xia must have maintained a good relationship with the executives of Yi Ka Apparel, probably even related in blood. Now you have built a good image of me in front of her, also you smeared my stepmother at the same time. That was equal to bringing shame to my stepmother in front of all the upper-class wives of B city, and also consolidating my image of a poor kid bullied by his stepmother." Di Qiuhe couldn't help smiling at the thought of He Bai defending him. He slightly laughed and continued, "My stepmother wanted nothing but getting closer to you so that she could get to know my current situation thus she could trick me accordingly. That's why she called you. She bribed my former roommate like this before, so you don't need to respond to her at all. She tried to play the same trick this time, but she failed to consider about Yi Ka Apparel. She deserved that. As for Lin Xia's expression...puppy you should never underestimate women's sense of justice and their deep hatred towards some ethical issues."

"..." He Bai was so enlightened and asked, "What are you laughing about?"

"I'm laughing because you are adorable." Di Qiuhe unbuttoned the collar of his camouflage uniform and looking up at the burning sun. He spoke slightly in a slow and gentle voice, "Bai, you really have a terrible sleep look, and you snore like a piggy."

Welcome to click the external link at the bottom to read all of the updated chapters on Flying Lines.

In the very beginning, He Bai was touched by his voice, but later on, he was irritated by Di's words and hung up the phone. He sneered and thought, "Snore? For so many years that I have lived through, no one ever said I snore! How dare this dumbass try to fool me? Never!"

Listening to the engaged tone on the phone and thinking about the angry look of the puppy right now, Di Qiuhe bowed down his head and laughed for a while. He then called Wang Boyi and told him, "Go check to whom will Little Mermaid lend the Princess collection, and spread some pieces of news about how Di Chunhua bullies her classmates and how Qin Li connives her daughter's bullying behavior. Let's cheer my father up."

Wang Boyi said yes and asked as he didn't really get it, "Why would the boss be happy when seeing that kind of news?" Well, in order to be a reliable assistant, you have to keep it up with your boss's mind, or you will fuck it up sooner or later. Wang was obviously trying to keep it up like that.

'It is absolutely a good thing that your subordinates like to use their brains and raise questions when they don't understand.' Di Qiuhe was in a good mood, so he explained a bit, "Your big boss is trying so hard to take control of the Qin family and Qin Li. If there appear some unpleasant rumors about his wife and daughter, he will definitely add fuel to the flame secretly. And of course, he will pretend to worry about the situation of his wife and daughter and act like a good husband and father. Now such a nice chance is at his doorstep, why wouldn't be happy about it?"

"Yes, he would." Wang Boyi was speechless and got a deeper understanding of family love in rich and powerful families. If all of those assumptions were true, then what kind of human was the boss who set traps to his own wife and daughter? He trembled and felt abruptly lucky that he betrayed his big boss.

"Go get things done if you understood." Di Qiuhe wiped out the sweat on his forehead and hung up his phone. He took out a coin out of his pocket and played it with his eyes squinted.

He sneered and thought, "How dare she try to get to puppy. It seems that somebody is going too far off the line."

Soon a week had passed, Qin Li called twice to try to connect with He Bai, but got all rejected by him politely. Maybe she had realized something, or Lin Xia had responded to her, Qin Li finally stopped her action when it entered August.