C137. What Do You Want for Christmas (2)

He Bai nodded honestly. He was totally confused by twists and turns today.

"What an honest boy." Yu Hui smoothed the cape sent by her assistant and winked at He Bai. Then she signaled her two assistants to block the room from other staff members and said in a low voice, "Qiuhe called me early this morning and begged me to help out a new photographer that might be picked on. I failed to talk him out of this matter. But only on the condition that he promise me considerable benefits, including helping me to cultivate the emerging actors in my studio. So, this is a profitable offer for me anyway."

"..." Her image in He Bai's mind cracked a little.

Yu Hui was amused by his expression and deliberately showed a money-mad face. She rolled her eyes and stopped teasing him, continuing, "As for Da Ze and Hua Ding, I don't know what happened, why don't you ask him yourself?" Before He Bai could refuse, she took the phone from her assistant and called Di Qiuhe.

He Bai had no time to stop her and stood upright subconsciously. It seemed to be the first talk with Di Qiuhe after they confessed their love to each other.

Di Qiuhe answered promptly and a familiar, mild voice came from the receiver:" Hello? Ms. Yu, how is the shoot going on?"

He Bai couldn't help scratching his ears... Di Qiuhe's voice was indeed sweet.

Yu Hui glanced at him with a smile and replied slowly, "It hasn't started yet. They need to rearrange the set. Oh, and there are many people around me and I'm putting you on the speakerphone now."

Di Qiuhe paused for a while and said with a more cautious voice, "Many...people?"

He Bai moved subconsciously and despised Di Qiuhe in his heart. How could he be so frightened and cautious? What a shame.

"Yep, a lot of people." Yu Hui smiled more brightly and deliberately said in a slower tone, "Two of my assistants, one make-up artist, the staff members of C Studio...and your polite, cute little photographer."

He Bai could almost imagine the awkward face of Di Qiuhe who was teased by Yu Hui's slow tone, so his face turned sullen. Gutless Di Qiuhe. How did he act so weak to her...Served him right that he was getting teased.

Another short pause and then came Di Qiuhe's milder voice, "Thanks for your reminder...Xiao Bai, are you there?"

Yu Hui considerately passed him the phone and beckoned him to speak.

He Bai's eyebrows twitched. Under the witness of everyone, he replied nervously, "Yeah, I'm here. Thanks for your help today, I'll treat you for dinner when you are back." Good, normal tone, normal content, which would not make others get suspicious.

Di Qiuhe fell into silence for a while and said in a softer voice, "I'm sorry, Xiao Bai, if it were not me..."

He Bai pretended to hawk to interrupt him. He ignored others' attention and said stably, "Just focus on your filming and take care of yourself. I will take good pictures for Ms. Yu, don't worry."

Another silence and Di Qiuhe restored his normal tone and said with an obvious smile, "OK, I will do my best, and try to go back for you at Christmas. What do you want for Christmas?"

What? How could he say something so disgustingly romantic in front of so many people?

He Bai glanced at Yu Hui and pressed his red ears subconsciously, responding quickly, "Just bring some gifts for Ms. Yu and Mr. Jia. Anything is OK for me. I have to check the arrangement now, I'm passing the phone to Ms. Yu, see you on Christmas." Then he tried to leave in a not so hurried manner and smiled at Yu Hui and other staff, striding out of the room.