C14. Happy Birthday

The North Canteen was empty on Sunday morning and most of the windows where they served breakfast were closed, except the one serving longevity noodles, fortunately.

After putting a bowl of hot noodles in front of Di Qiuhe, He Bai began to gnaw away at the steamed buns while drinking soy milk.

"I want the soy milk, too." Di Qiuhe split the disposable chopsticks and gazed at He's hands with pretty, slightly widened eyes.

He Bai paused as he was suddenly reminded of the milk tea that Di Qiuhe had grabbed from him. He put a straw into the soy milk without hesitation, took a swig, and then took it out. He then got up with his school card to buy another one.

"Got any sugar in it? I like it sweet." Di Qiuhe requested with an innocent look.

He Bai took a deep breath. 'It's his birthday after all. Besides, I shouldn't quarrel with an imbecile'. Thinking of that, he got up in a rage and took the soy milk to add sugar. After that, he put a straw into it and placed the soy milk beside Di Qiuhe's bowl. Then, he picked up his bun and took a bite, looking ferocious with his eyes widened.

His angry face looked a lot like that of a teenager. Di Qiuhe sneaked a look at his elusive dimples when He Bai was chewing and gave a small cough to cover his laugh. He slowly rolled up his sleeves before stirring the noodles with the chopsticks,gently picked up one and delivered to his mouth.

He Bai's eyes followed his movements before finally fixing his eyes on his mouth.

The lips were moistened by the wet noodle when it's sent to his mouth and now he had become even more attractive with glossy lips, slightly closed teeth and faintly revealed tongue. The wooden chopsticks holding the springy noodles were slowly being sent into his mouth.

"I want more pepper." said Di Qiuhe while putting down the chopsticks.

He Bai tried to get his breath back as he was nearly chocked by the bun after hearing his request. He hurriedly gulped down a large amount of soy milk to help with the choking and then throwed the bag of buns onto the table in a rage. After that, he got up again, saying "Wait!"

Di Qiuhe looked at him with a baffled and aggrieved face "Are you ok?"

He Bai, unconsciously gritting his teeth, said, "I'm fine."

Bang!

A bowl of flaming-red pepper oil was placed next to the soy milk.

Di Qiuhe, with eyes lightening up, smiled gently at He Bai. "Thank you. You are so considerate."

He Bai continued to bite his buns and decided to turn a deaf ear to whatever he was going to say next.

"That......"

He was resolved to not respond to him and simply kept biting one bun after another.

Di Qiuhe curled up his lips as he noticed his stuffed cheeks and uptight body, but then he held back his desire to mess with him further and instead lowered down his head and swallowed a mouthful of noodle into his mouth. He commended, "So delicious, just like before."

Like before?

He Bai felt surprised. He swallowed the buns and looked up at him, asking "Have you ever had longevity noodle here?"

"Hm," replied Di Qiuhe with a smile after gulping down a mouthful of sweet soybean milk in the same way he did, "I have tried it twice. Didn't I tell you? I am a student of the Q university, but I graduated this year. I've come back to collect my diploma. Never thought I will run into you here."

It was June and the fourth graders were coming back in droves for their graduation photos and diplomas. Although it did surprise him that Di Qiuhe was a student of this university. He was suddenly reminded of the buyer who bought Di Qiuhe's autograph. That man was also a fourth grader of the Q university and his ID on both the forum and WeChat bore uncanny resemblance to Di Qiuhe's name. Could they be the same person?