C95. Chicken Soup for the Soul (1)

Having followed closely the crew all the day, He Bai finally got a clear understanding of the working intensity of Di Qiuhe and was softened up when it occurred to him that Di Qiuhe had rushed back to B City immediately to apologize to him the moment his night shooting finished. However, his anger was stirred up within seconds.

"Let's go out to do late-night shopping!" Di Qiuhe kept clinging to He Bai as soon as he finished a bath, his mind in a whirl, "you're returning to B city tomorrow, so there's little time left for us to wander the streets of D Area. The night fair is bustling and lively. You'll have fun."

He Bai plucked the card reader off the computer and turned it off. Then he got up, grabbed the pajamas collar of Di Qiuhe and ferociously pushed him to the bed, warning, "Lie still! Tell me what you'd like for dinner, and I'll have Assistant Wang get it for you." After one day's filming, the guy was bound to take a rest instead of going shopping!

Di Qiuhe lay down obediently but jumped out of bed in a flash, "You must be fed up with the box lunch. How about we go for a seafood feast? There's a century-old restaurant in D District, which serves good seafood. I can ask Assistant Wang to make a booking."

He Bai stared at him expressionlessly and began to take his clothes off.

Di Qiuhe was dumbfounded and fell backwards on the bed after a slip. Surprised, happy and shy, he shifted his gaze from He Bai and turned his head within seconds. Watching the revealing lines of He Bai's body, Di Qiuhe stuttered, "What... what do you take off your clothes for? Would... would you like...?"

He Bai threw the dirty clothes at Di Qiuhe's face, picked up his pajamas and said, "I'm tired and just want to sleep now. Please order a takeaway. I'll have it after a bath." Then he entered the bathroom without another word.

A clunk.

He Bai closed the door of the bathroom.

Di Qiuhe held his breath and took the coat and T-shirt away from his face, his ears and face turning red. After a brief hesitation, he quickly buried his head in the clothes, and then got up from the bed, kept a straight face, found out his mobile phone and called Wang Boyi, "Assistant Wang, go and buy some easily digested food." After hanging up, he glanced at the clothes on the bed, his fingers gripping the seam of his pajama firmly, and rushed to tidy the clothes away in a careful way, rubbing and blinking.

'Since Little Puppy got tired, maybe... maybe they can visit the night market next time. Today is the last night when he and Little Puppy shared the same bed, of which he must make better use... Wait, last night?'

Shyness, joyfulness, excitement and other emotions disappeared immediately and were replaced by sadness and reluctance to part with Little Puppy.

Di Qiuhe put down the clothes in stunned silence, and in a few seconds his shoulders slowly drooped. He shot a sidelong glance at the half-packed luggage of He Bai, his eyes falling.

Time flied. Little Puppy was about to go back...

He Bai took a bath and walked out, only to find Di Qiuhe who was in high spirit before looked crestfallen, collapsing on the sofa by the window.

Was he dying to go out? Did his words upset him so much?

He Bai raised his eyebrows, put down the towel used for wiping his hair and sighed silently.

Di Qiuhe was, after all, a restless young man. In contrast, he himself was in reality a middle-aged man who didn't like running around.

"Are you angry?"

He Bai went to the sofa opposite and sat down, leaning forward to take a can of drink and another of beer and putting it on the small table between them. Then he gave Di Qiuhe the drink and picked up the beer himself, shaking and asking, "Have a drink?"