Chapter Five You're not his mother

Laying back in the white chair that sat out in back in the beautiful garden area where the kids play was nice, I held a glass of cold lemonade keeping my eyes on Makar as he had fun. Mr. Nikiforov sister chat with some of the guests that was here at, at first I wasn’t comfortable but everyone seem to be nice to come up and have bits of conversation with me. Avery came over taking a seat next to me letting out a big sigh leaning her head back massaging her temples as I look at her and smile slightly.

“You alright?” I asked and rolled her eyes as a maid walked over handing her a glass of wine which Avery gladly took before responding to my question. 

“Beside everyone asking me where’s Ruslan and the alcohol everything is okay.” She mutters sipping her wine and I took a sip of my lemonade. 

“It’s a kids party, why would there be alcohol, that’s just stupid.” I respond looking around watching one of the kids try to break the puppy pinata, I laugh a bit watching Makar swing hard but missing almost hitting a kid in their face. 

“Finally someone who makes sense I-” Avery stopped mid sentence and I looked over as she was watching Makar trying to swing at the pinata before fixing her gaze back on me. “You the first nanny that actually enjoys my nephew company.” She said and sounded a bit shocked. “And he listens now, what did you do? Because I’m his aunt and he never listens to me.” She said leaning back in her chair took a long sip of her wine. I tap my finger on the glass thinking. What did I actually do? Nothing really I just been doing my job which is looking after the little one, all I did yesterday was played with him since he has no one to play with anyway and today we just talked I gave him attention. 

“He just needed some attention, it’s kind of easy for me to tell since this is my second day working I have witnessed a lot, he deals with a workaholic father who need someone to just dump his kid on while he’s handling business. Makar is the only child of the house so I can understand the frustration in not getting attention from his parents ..well parent.” I answer and gave my opinion honestly which earn a couple of blinks from Avery before she nodded her head.

“WHO PUTS CANDY IN A BAG!?” Avery and I look up to see Makar with his arms folded and his cousin Afanas glaring over at us. 

“Excuse me?” Avery said getting up and I cross my legs watching. 

“Who puts bags of candy in a pinata? It defeats the purpose of having us pick it up.” Makar said holding the bat in his hand tight and I snort holding in a laugh. This kid is too smart for his own good.

“Because last year y'all cause a ruckus about who grab what and faught.” She answered back putting one hand on her hip. 

“And? See adults always doing something.” Makar said and I cover my mouth laughing shaking my head as he come over towards me while Avery was still bickering with her son. Makar sat on the grass and open his bag looking through the candy and reveal a bracelet that was in there, I turned my head towards the plate a fruit that was on my left side and took a grape popping it in my mouth. Feeling a tap on my leg I look back at him and I sit up. 

“Yes?” I question and he looked around for a moment as I look to trying to see what was the problem before getting the bracelet shoved in my face.

“Here, it’s pretty.” He said and I move my face back some and smile taking the bracelet tilting my head.

“Awe thank you but you didn’t have to give me it.” The bracelet is heavy a little which I raise an eyebrow but then I was hit with reality. Rich people. 

“Everyone giving it to their moms.” Makar mumble and point at some kids and he then dig in his bag and started to eat some of the candy. Sitting on the grass looking up at me the little boy and I started to have a conversation for a little while, I asked him is he having fun and he genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself we continue to talk and get to know each other which started to make me think this boys went through nannies  because they were all uptight. Didn’t want to get to know him, play even small talks like this, and I was told by him that most would try to be around his father which caused me to roll my eyes. His father is starting to get on my nerves and I know for a fact because I am still not over the situation that he was having whores around this boy as a babysitter. For a papa bear he most definitely don't care who watch his son if anything I'm more of a parent to Makar then him.