Chapter 22 : Pragma

[Art by me ↑perla, when she was still a dalagang pilipina yehhh~]

[ STILL TO BE EDITED: THIS WILL BE GONE WHEN IT'S FULLY EDITED ]

____________________

Today! Another fresh day! And today! I will go to the supermarket to buy ingredients for breakfast!

I'm sure mother will be proud if I bought the right ingredients this time!

"Good morning perla!"

"Oh! Good morning! Today is a good day isn't it?"

Cavite gave me a wide smile as she nodded in agreement, "it is, let's wash our clothes together at the river" she said.

"Sure! I'll just buy the ingredients today"

"Make sure its the right one this time!"

I giggled and head to the market.

"Hmm, let's see I'll have this and this please"

"That'll be 5 pesos"

"Whattt??? Too high, make it 2 pesos!"

"4"

"3!"

"Alright, I'll pack it for you"

"Thank you!"

I gave her the payment and she gave me the ingredients, on to the next!

I spent about 2 hours in the market looking for the most fresh and chepeast one ever and gladly I did cause buying in morning is the best cause most cheap stores are open at morning only.

When I finally got what I need I immediately head back home. Ahhh, the morning breeze and the sun, its good for you if you bathe for 1 minute, its healthy cause it gives you vitamins!

"Mama! I'm home, should I cook breakfast? I got two eggs for free from that nice vendor!"

"Oh really? That's nice, did you even bought the right ingredients?"

I pouted, "of course I did! Third times the charm!"

My mother raised an eyebrow, "alright then, let me check"

She checked and she have me a satisfying pat on the head, "good job"

I smiled and internally squealed! Yay!

"I told you!"

"Yes, yes now cook breakfast cause your papa will wake up any minute now"

"Yesssss"

I proceed to cook eggs and hoping I won't burn them cause controlling the fire is one thing I'm bad at.

But it went well.

"Perla!"

I heard cavite shout.

"Coming! Mama I will wash our clothes okay?"

"Alright, be careful and don't let the river carry some of our clothes okay?"

"I won't!"

I carried the basket and placed it on my head with a folded cloth to support it.

Me and cavite both walked towards the river where we usually wash our clothes.

"So how are you and your boyfriend?" I ask.

Cavite stopped and her face starts to turn red, I grinned. Her reactions are so cute.

"P-perla! We.. We just started.. "