President.

November 5th, 1968.

It is the day of the presidential elections in the United States of America. You, already an adult, go with your parents to the courthouse to vote for the new President. You see that there are a lot of girls in the same place as you, you start to wonder why. "Come on Y/N, you go first." Your dad says, letting you go ahead of him. You nod and walk faster to get in line. 

"Next!" The cop calls, letting you in and giving you the voting paper and a pencil. You hand out your identity documents and get inside the booth. You have not had the chance to see all the candidates, but you are sure that you are going to vote for the one that your parents have spoken about the most, his name was similar to Nixon or something like that. You look through the names. 

RICHARD NIXON

HUBERT HUMPHREY

ELVIS PRESLEY

Your eyes go wide when you see the last name. Why is one of your high school classmates in this list? Then, you remember. 

1953

The bell just rang

The bell just rang. Surprisingly, you and your classmates are already in class. You are sitting next to your best friend, while behind you there is the hottest boy of your school: Elvis Presley. He has always been quite a pain to you, because even if he is hot and handsome, he does not know how to act with girls. He turns all shy and he nearly embarrassed you once in front of your parents. It is the last year of high school and when the teacher comes, he begins asking each of you what you would like to do when you get out. "I'd rather be a secretary or an advocate." You say knowing that Elvis will laugh; but, he does not. He looks at you and nods, smiling gently at you. You do not understand why he acts like this, is he trying to get your attention? "What about you, Presley?" The teacher asks. You wait for him to say musician or singer, but... "I'm gon' be the U.S. President." The whole class laughs, you do not. How can he become a president? The man is so poor that it is hard for him to even find a job... But, if that is his dream, you do not have any word, especially because you do not know each other so well. You really hope for him to become someone. He deserves it.

Your heart starts jumping in your chest. You do not think twice and vote on his name, smiling proudly as you walk out of the booth. You slide the folded paper in the carton box and take your documents, then you walk towards the exit, taking out a cigarette from your purse. Suddenly, a hand blocks your wrist. "Honey, don't do that." A male voice says. You lift your head up a little and see a stunning man.