Let's forget about the stars. (Part 4)

Normal P.O.V.

Your heart shatters when Elvis says those words. You see him on the big screen, being all mad about just a simple musical. "Alright, the singin' thing is nothin'. Probably just- just a way to keep my nerves down. I- I don't know. It- It means nothin' to me. You're my guys and- and this is our team. Y/N ain't important. I'll forget 'bout her, forget 'bout the audition and we'll go out and get the goddamn championship. Everyone happy now?" Elvis asks his teammates but you cannot see the rest, Pat ends the transmission and looks at you. "Behold lunkhead basketball man." 

You are crying, yet nobody notices. "So, Y/N, we'd love to have you for the scholastic decathlon." Pat keeps going, but you are somewhere else. "Did you wanna grab some lunch?" She asks you, but you manage a weak smile and shake your head, refusing the offer. "Well, we'll be there if you wanna come." Your friend and the others leave the classroom as you sit there, heartbroken. How could he say such things? Has he been playing you the whole time? Since the New Year's party? You decide to take out your notebook, you always write poems when you are sad or broken. 

"It's funny when you find yourself looking from the outside, 

I'm standing here but all I want is to be over there... 

Why did I let myself believe miracles could happen?

'Cause now I have to pretend that I don't really care...

I thought you were my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping,

a wish upon a star that's coming true...

But everybody else could tell that I confused my feelings with the truth:

 when there was me and you.

I swore I knew the melody that I heard you singing,

and when you smiled you made me feel like I could sing along!

But then you went and changed the words:

now my heart is empty...

I'm only left with used-to-be's and once upon a song...

Now, I know you're not a fairytale, and dreams were meant for sleeping...

And wishes on a star just don't come true!

'Cause now, even I can tell that I confused my feelings with the truth:

because I liked the view, when there was me and you...

I can't believe that I could be so blind!

It's like you were floating while I was falling and I didn't mind...

Because I liked the view...

I thought you felt it too...

When there was me and you."

As soon as you are done, you get up and run to your locker, it is almost time for another lesson. Suddenly, Elvis pops up. "Hey, how you doin'?" He asks, but you do not reply. "Listen uhm... There's somethin' I gotta tell ya." You immediately turn around and look into his eyes. "And here it is: I know what it's like to carry a load with your friends. I get it. You've got your boys, Elvis. It's okay. So we're good." You say. "Good 'bout what? I- I was gonna talk to you 'bout the final callbacks." Elvis mentions, so you shake your head. "I don't wanna do the callbacks either. Who are we trying to kid? You've got your team and now I've got mine. I'll do the scholastic decathlon and you'll win the championships. It's where we belong." You stand on your tiptoes and take the copy of Breaking Free, the song you had to sing with him, and hand it to him. "Go, Raccoons." You sarcastically say. "But- but- but- but I-" He begins, but you start walking away. "Me neither."