Legolas - Always and forever

Requested by: @LemonWedgie

PART ONE

Skipping next to Legolas in Rivendell, you hummed lightly to yourself while he simply strolled along.

"I've heard Lord Elrond wants to speak to everyone next week." You mused.

"Indeed."

It went silent again and you carried on skipping around, humming once more as you twirled and jumped about.

"Legolas?"

"Yes?"

Stopping, you stepped right in front of him and beamed up at him.

"I love you."

Legolas leant down and kissed your head, bringing a hand up to your cheek he held it there.

"I love you as well."

Grinning you jumped on him and wrapped him in a hug.

The following week, you found out why Elrond wanted you all, and you found yourself setting out on another quest with Gandalf, a dwarf named Gimli, Aragorn, a human named Boromir and four halflings, Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry.

A few weeks travelled and not much had happened, but soon enough the hobbits became curious about you.

"Miss (Y/N), where do you come from?" Pippin asked.

"Yeah! Frodo's uncle talked about you a lot!" Merry nodded.

"I come from a place called earth, the year 2019 to be exact." You smiled, "Bilbo as I went on an adventure together too!"

Legolas chuckled and laced his fingers with your making you side glance at him and offer him a huge smile.

"That's where I met Legolas, and we've been dating ever since."

"Will you ever return to your home?" Aragorn asked.

You thought about this for a second before shrugging a little.

"I don't know how to get back, but I wouldn't if I had the choice."

Through everything that had happened Legolas kept you close and protected you, even though you could defend yourself.

When Boromir met his end, you stayed by his side, holding his hand tightly even though there was an orc dangerously close, you couldn't let him pass on his own. So, you sat behind him while he rested on your chest, holding his hand as you comforted him.

"Thank you..." he whispered.

"You're a good man Boromir, if I ever have a child, and it's a boy, I shall name him after you."

Sending him on his way, you carried on, a fire burning in your heart to save this world.

When the hobbits were separated from you, you were beyond heart broken, you had adopted them to be your own children. You fought side by side with Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas, and here you stood in front of an orc army, Aragorn giving a speech to all the soldier who seemed unsure.

Side eyeing him, you swung the sword in your hands and took a deep breath, turning to Legolas and the others.

"We end this!" You roared.

You were the first to charge forward, but the others soon followed suit, metal clashed against metal, the smell of blood thick in the air.

You slashed through orcs left and right, dodging attacks and saving others.

You didn't see the orc charging you, but you heard Legolas calling your name, fear shining in his eyes, before you could react you felt something strike your head and it all went black.

When you came to, you realised you were in hospital, you weren't in Middle Earth anymore.

With a heavy heart, you set about living your life the way it was, but you weren't happy, you worried endlessly.

Did they win? Was everyone alive? Did Frodo destroy the ring? How was Legolas?

As you got older, you found a steady job, and worked endlessly, donating money to charities, taking holidays now and then, but you never married, you never had children, because your heart belonged the woodland prince.

You passed in your sleep, the most peaceful way to go, and you were expecting to be stuck in eternal darkness, but much to your surprise, your eyes opened again, and you were staring at the beautifully ceiling of room.

Sitting up, you slowly took in your surroundings, holding your hands out, you gazed at them. They weren't wrinkly like before, they were smooth but a bit bruised. Your arms bandaged.

Footsteps sounded outside your door and you could hear voices coming from the other side.

"Legolas, she shall awake soon we're sure."

"It's been weeks."

"Be patient."

The door was pushed open and both males stopped and stared. Then Legolas surged forward, carefully brining you into him and buried his face into the crook of your neck.

"You're awake..." he breathed.

Brining your hands up, you held him gently and closed your eyes.

"I missed you... so damn much Legolas..."

Legolas got up and took a cup from the tray and handed it to you, letting you down the water before he sat on the edge of your bed.

"I went back home."

"Oh?"

"I woke up in the hospital, I had to live a normal life, but I couldn't get married or move on from you, so I worked a lot and gave all my money to charities. Then I died now I'm back..."

"How did you die?" He asked worried.

"Old age."

Legolas blinked and looked you up and down.

"Time must be different, it's only been a few weeks."

He then filled you in on what had happened, then He took your hands in his and stared you in the eyes and took a deep breath.

"Marry me, please my love? I love you so much, elves only fall in love once, and much to my shock I fell in love with you, a woman from a completely different world, but I'm so glad I did, and I do not wish to loose you again. Be mine?"

Leaning forward, you pressed your lips to his gently, brining a hand up to cradle his face as you learn forward a bit.

Pulling away, you pressed your forehead to Legolas' and smiled softly.

"Of course I will Legolas, my prince."