58| I Do, Cherish You

Patrick

Way before everything turned so serious Chelsea and I planned to go to Spain for a week or so and hang out. Eat some good food and see some things we've never seen before. Unlike me Chelsea is well traveled and has been to a lot of places before. That's why when she said she had never been here I knew I had to bring her. We could both experience this place for the first time and continue to work on our relationship.

We arrive late last night and decide to try and catch up on some sleep. But now we were ready to spread our wings and explore the amazing city of Barcelona, granted there was no place we could go that wasn't absolutely beautiful.

We end up getting breakfast in a little cafe and plotting our course for the next few days. There was so much we wanted to see I was worried we wouldn't get to see all of it. But we were going to try.

We find a nice little park that was filled with architecture and landscapes and a bunch of fun stuff. Of course she finds her way to a park no matter where in the world we were. Leave it to her to always be in contact with her inner child.

"You know, when I was in college I took a elective course on Spain and it's architecture" she randomly says as she sits on a swing. I go behind her as I start to push her.

"And you never came here when your family went on their big trips" I question.

She just shakes her head as her long hair flies in the wind. She looks out into the city and I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful. "No. They wanted places like Paris where everyone knew why they were there and it was to buy the nicest things to bring back home. This place holds too much sentimental value for them to comprehend.

It wasn't until I was in college did I realize what coming here really meant. I was scared to come here because I thought it was too good to be true. You know, you dream about some moments your whole life and you plan it out in your head and sometimes when you get to that moment it falls short of what you were hoping for and it's crushing. To be right where you wanted to be and feel the exact opposite of what you wanted" she explains.

"So what changed? Why did you want to come here if you were so scared" I ask her.

She turns to me and just smiles so big. "You changed me" she claims.

"Me" I ask.

"Yeah, you. I was so scared because everything I ever wanted was right there next to me staring me in the face. And I wouldn't let it happen because I was afraid to mess it up, afraid that everything I ever wanted was right there and it would slip through my fingers.

But after we confessed that we loved each other I saw that sometimes what you want is the same thing as you need. So now I'm here" she explains.

"I don't get how you can make a city like this could become even more beautiful, but you did it" I accuse.

"You over sell me" she accuses.

"No, I love you" I correct.

I stop her swim as I wrap my arms around her chest as she smiles up at me. I run my finger through her insanely soft hair pulling her even more close. I pull her into a kiss and I was convinced I was living some kind of cheesy love movie.

"Where to next" I wonder as we break apart.

"La Rambula" she says with a Spanish accent making me smile.

"I like it when you say it" I admit.

I see her blush and I could tell I was embarrassing her, but I would say anything to see her like that.

We get back into the city and hit the little shops they had here. We pick up food and some hats and sunglasses and other little things we would need in our time here. After spending the day walking around and getting used to our surrounding we decide to head back to the hotel. It was this beautiful building in the heart of the city that was just as enchanting as this entire city. We play some music and she makes some food for our time here. The markets they had was such a fun little variety of things to do I'm sure whatever she was going to make. 

"That smells amazing" I sigh as I join her in the kitchen. I couldn't make anything but I could keep her some company.

"It's a Spanish dish, I hope it turns out right" she insists.

"I think anyone around here would be jealous" I admit.

The song changes and I smile to myself. I grab her hand and she tries to pull it away. But I pull her back as she turns off the stove. I pull her into my embrace as her chest gets pressed into mine.

"All I am, all I'll be
Everything in this world, all that I'll ever need
Is in your eyes, shining at me
When you smile I can feel all my passion unfolding

Your hand brushes mine
And a thousand sensations seduce me 'cause I

I do, cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will, love you still, from the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control

I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you this much, I do."

Her lips softly to touch my cheek and I get chills. She moves her lips to mine as I passionately kiss her back. If I knew any better we were vacationing in outer space because I felt like I was flying. I feel her fingers dig into the back of my neck pulling me closer.

"I love you so, Chelsea Tyler" I whisper.

"I love you most Patrick Kane" she smiles.

"In my world before you
I lived outside my emotions
Didn't know where I was going
Until that day I found you
How you opened my life to a new paradise

In a world torn by change
Still with all of my heart, until my dying day

I do, cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will, love you still, from the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control

I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you this much, yes I do

I've waited so long to say this to you
So, if you're asking if I love you this much, I do
Oh, I do."

I spin her around on my finger before pulling her back into my arms. I dip her as she starts to giggle louder and louder. I bring her back up as she lands safely in my arms. And now I don't want to leave.