77| Weak

Chelsea

Preseason was starting for both the bulls and blackhawks meaning I was well into working. I had my book for Patrick and my book for Derrick, everyone's schedule for the next two months ready including family time, sports promos, autograph signing and much needed down time. Luckily Derricks family is from Chicago and whenever he goes home he just leaves the United Center and goes to his place. Of course I have Patrick's family coming in soon for the start of the regular season and it was nothing but work from now until June depending on how things go with the teams. But you know what they say, it's not work if you love what you do.

And I was ready, as ready as I will ever be.

So I sit on my laptop as Patrick picks out some suits for once instead of me doing it for him. He was going to have to be responsible for a few more things this year but he should be able to dress himself without me holding his hand anyway. I'll just have to make sure he looks good before leaving the house.

I hear music start to blare from the bedroom and I roll my eyes. He makes fun of me for always wanting a speaker in every room then pulls this crap.

There was no way I was getting work done at this point so I go upstairs to see what all the ruckus is about. I open the door and see Patrick playing with Clark on the bed not a single suit put together. Of course.

"What on the world is going on here" I laugh as I close the door behind me.

"Princess" Patrick cheers as he jumps off the bed. He comes over to me and pulls me into his arms. He starts to sway as I just cave in and wrap my arms around his neck.

"What is with you and wanting to dance with me? Because I feel like you're not a dancer" I accuse.

"I'm not. I don't know if you noticed but I suck at it" he claims.

"Oh no, I've noticed" I assure him.

"But when I'm with you I feel like I could do anything, even dance" he claims.

Well it's pretty cool that I could make a stiff man want to dance.

"I don't know what it is that you've done to me
But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way
Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing
It's a feeling that I don't understand

'Cause my heart starts beating triple time
With thoughts of loving you on my mind
I can't figure out just what to do
When the cause and cure is you

I get so weak in the knees, I can hardly speak
I lose all control and something takes over me
In a daze and it's so amazing, it's not a phase
I want you to stay with me, by my side
I swallow my pride, your love is so sweet
It knocks me right off of my feet
Can't explain why your loving makes me weak."

He spins me around on his his finger before pulling me back into his arms. I don't think he knew this song but I did. Girl bands were everything to me when I was growing up and SVW was no exception. I loved their music and this was my favorite song they did.

So we continue to sway back and fourth like we were some kind of dancers when in reality we weren't. But there's moments like this where we could be anything we wanted to be, and we just so happened to be dancers.

"Time after time after time I've tried to fight it
But your love is strong it keeps on holding on
Resistance is down when you're around, starts fading
In my condition I don't want to be alone

'Cause my heart starts beating triple time
With thoughts of loving you on my mind
I can't figure out just what to do
When the cause and cure is you, oh

I get so weak in the knees, I can hardly speak
I lose all control and something takes over me
In a daze and it's so amazing, it's not a phase
I want you to stay with me, by my side
I swallow my pride, your love is so sweet
It knocks me right off of my feet
Can't explain why your loving makes me weak."

"Do you have your suits picked out" I ask as I stare up at him. His sparkling blue eyes staring right back at me.

"Haven't even looked in the closet" he admits.

"Paaatick" I whine and he laughs.

"I'll get it done I promise. But you're my perfect dancing partner and I don't want to miss my chance to dance with you" he claims.

"You know, Michelle used to try to get me to dance. When she worked for my parents and they weren't home, which was most days, she would play music. That's how I know songs like this. And she told me that when you dance you're not trying to dance to a certain place on a dance floor but to enjoy each step along the way. And while I forgot about that for a while you taught me how to dance through life and I couldn't have been more thankful" I explain.

"I love that, I would have loved Michelle too" he admits.

"Oh she was the best. Had a voice of a angel, she worked for Marissa's mom too and introduced us, she meant the world to me" I say.

"She would be proud of you and the fact that you're dancing" he tells me and I smile.

"That she would."

"I try hard to fight it
No way can I deny it
Your love's so sweet
It knocks me off my feet

I get so weak in the knees, I can hardly speak
I lose all control and something takes over me
In a daze and it's so amazing, it's not a phase
I want you to stay with me, by my side
I swallow my pride, your love is so sweet
It knocks me right off of my feet
Can't explain why your loving makes me weak

I get so weak
Blood starts racing through my veins
I get so weak
Boy, it's something I can't explain
I get so weak
Something 'bout the way you do the things you do, it
Knocks me right off of my feet (off my feet)
I can't explain why your loving makes me weak

I get so weak in the knees, I can hardly speak
I lose all control and something takes over me
In a daze and it's so amazing, it's not a phase
I want you to stay with me, by my side
I swallow my pride, your love is so sweet
It knocks me right off of my feet."