"It's Wasn't Your Fault."

Hello I am back with another fic (hurray! I'm not dead!)

So yeah... Grian angst again.

Warnings:

- Major Character Death

- Implied Self-Harm

- Death in General

- Suicide

Read at your OWN RISK

Alright, those are the warnings, angst from this point onwards.

~~~~~

Grian looked down at his arms. Fading scars shaped to look like words.

Useless, kill yourself, die, worthless

The words etched into his arms and legs, another word about to be carved into his left arm.

He paused for a moment, staring down at the blade in his right hand. The blade which caused him pain, yet also relief.

Grian closed his eyes, knowing the pain which was to follow.

A few seconds of silence passed with him debating whether or not he should add another cut to his already scarred arm.

Grian put the blade up against his upper left arm. He felt dizzy. He needed to hold onto something.

Did he really want to do this?

Hah.

Haha.

The blade moved away from his arm. He shoved the blade into the cabinet and slid down slowly to the floor.

He shivered, on the verge of tears.

He wanted to do it.

He needed to do it.

If he had done it before, why couldn't he do it again now?

This time it felt different.

A small sliver of hope was shined upon him, the hope he had abandoned had rekindled itself. It was a weak light, but he reached out to get a hold of it.

A flashback played inside his head.

The death of his best friend, whom he killed.

His final words hoping that Grian wouldn't blame himself.

It wasn't his fault.

It wasn't his fault.

It wasn't his fault.

He didn't kill him.

The last words of his dying friend repeated in his head over and over, again and again. It felt crowded. It never stopped.

The guilt eating up inside of him too unbearable.

The light was fading. The hope he once had was dying out. He reached out only to brush his fingertips against hope, but it tracked farther.