8

"Jongun's latest victim."

Taehyung gives Jimin a look and the older speaks again quickly.

    "He knows." He says looking at Jungkook who stands from where he's sitting.

    "Have I met him before?" Taehyung asks in confusion as he joins them in the living room.

    "Yes he's...Seokjin's dog?" Jimin says trying to make him remember what V told him.

Jungkook takes offense but he remains silent as he shrugs his jacket on.

    "Oh...right. Jungkook, right." The brunette says blinking a few times.

    "I should go." Jungkook finally speaks, wanting to escape the awkwardness of the situation.

    "No, please." Taehyung says surprising him. "Can I talk to you first? Alone please?"

Jimin nods and walks to his room down the hall.

    "Can I get you anything?" Taehyung asks when he's gone.

    "No. I'm fine." Jungkook says. "I'm really sorry about~"

    "Please don't apologize." The brunette says. "Here, have a seat."

They both sit down on the couch, Taehyung fidgeting with his hands as he thinks for a moment.

    "I'm sorry about last night." Taehyung says looking up at Jungkook apologetically. "If you felt pressured or uncomfortable at all I'm extremely sorry. You shouldn't have been put in that situation and I'm sorry you were."

Jungkook is confused as to why he's apologizing.

    "If there's anything I can do or say to Jongun for you to assure that nothing like this ever happens again please let me know." The brunette says. "It wasn't fair to you."

    "I should be apologizing, Taehyung." Jungkook says. "I knew what I was doing and I still let it happen. It's my fault, not yours or Jongun's. I'm sorry.

Taehyung shares the same look of confusion that Jungkook had before.

    "Since we both seem pretty sorry maybe we can just put this behind us?" The younger asks. "And maybe start over? I mean, this is our first time actually meeting."

    "It is, isn't it? I'm sorry." Taehyung says, Jungkook thinks he's too apologetic. "Well, I'm Taehyung. I'm host, well, co-host now."

    "I'm Jungkook. Dr. Kim is helping me get my co-op hours so I can finish my degree." Jungkook says holding his hand out. "It's nice to meet you, Taehyung."

The brunette smiles a little when he shakes his hand. "You want to be a doctor?"

    "Yeah. But lately I've been thinking about refocusing my field of study around psychology." The younger says, which is true.

    "That's great. There are never too many psychologists." Taehyung says optimistically.

Jungkook chuckles. "Yeah."

    "I remember seeing you last night, in the hallway at the club." Taehyung says. "You stood up to that guy that was bothering me."

    "Yeah. Minseok came out after that. And I wanted to make sure he got home safely." The younger nods.

    "I'm sorry if you went out of your way." The brunette apologizes. "Minseok isn't usually so open about trusting people with our address and things."

    "He wasn't I told him I knew Jimin. I didn't think Jongun would come out and all this would happen but...at least I got to meet you guys." Jungkook shrugs, trying to make light of the situation. "I'll know how to handle Jongun next time and things will end differently."