36

Taehyung's phone rings against the ground where he and Jungkook sit trying to figure out how to build the toy cubbies.

They'd been home for about an hour when Taehyung finally got back to acting like himself, telling Jungkook that he was probably feeling switchy if he was acting strange.

    "Hello?" The brunette answers standing from the ground, abandoning Jungkook and the cubbies. "No, father. I didn't get the message. I'm sorry."

Jungkook looks up, he completely forgot to tell Taehyung to call his dad.

    "To see m-mother?" Taehyung says, his eyebrows drawing together.

Jungkook can tell that Taehyung is starting to dissociate, he starts blinking rapidly and looking unfocused.  

    "When?" He sighs softly, closing his eyes and pressing his hand against his forehead. "I'll try to make it."

Jungkook hears Mr. Kim's voice raise slightly on the other line.

    "I know I missed work today, father. I'm so sorry..." Taehyung says trailing off slightly. "I'll make it tomorrow. I promise. I've just been feeling sick lately because of my medication~ yes. I know it's an excuse~"

Taehyung sighs, opening his eyes and blinking quickly a few times.

    "I'll make it tomorrow. Don't worry about it." He says, his tone different than before. "I'll be there. I have to go."

    "Are you okay?" Jungkook asks when he ends the call.

    "I feel sick." The brunette says sitting on the edge of the bed and closing his eyes.

    "What can I do?" The younger asks standing up.

Taehyung shakes his head, covering his eyes to block out most of the light. "I don't know. I feel weird."

Jungkook walks over and stands beside him. "Can I touch you?"

    "Mhm." The brunette hums, nodding his head.

Jungkook places his hand on Taehyung's back, rubbing in soothing motions.

    "I don't know why he's making  me see her." The brunette says. "Why should I care if she's...if she's sick?"

    "Do you want me to go with you?" Jungkook asks, still rubbing the brunette's back.

    "Yes." Taehyung sighs, keeping his head down. "The light, Jungkook. I can't."

    "Okay." The younger says rushing to dim the lights. "Better?"

    "Stay with me?" The brunette asks looking up at him.

    "Of course. Yeah." Jungkook says sitting beside him, rubbing his back again.

    "I think it's V." Taehyung says, his breathing a bit uneven. "He's close."

    "Okay. You're okay. You don't have to worry about anything." The younger says. "I'm here, everything's fine."

Taehyung takes a deep breath, trying to even out his breathing. "I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow, Jungkook. When I see her."

    "I'll be there with you." Jungkook sags, hoping to reassure him.

    "I know." The brunette says looking at him. "I haven't seen her since I told my dad about what she used to do to us. What if she's angry I told?"

"You did the right thing by telling your dad, he helped you out of your situation with your mother and you never have to see her or your step father again if you don't want to after tomorrow." The younger says. "You don't have to be afraid, Tae. V, Hajoon and Minseok will be with you. So will I."