28

POV.

When Jungkook pulls away from the hug he's met with Taehyung's soft brown eyes.

Jungkook breaks eye contact. "Sorry. V was upset and~"

"It's okay." The brunette says, quickly wiping the tears from his face. "What happened?"

Jungkook sighs, he didn't know if he should be the one to tell Taehyung about his mother.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung." The younger says looking at him. "It's...it's your mom."

Taehyung's expression changes at The mention of the woman. "What?"

"She...she has cancer and...Baekhyun said she's not doing well." He says hesitantly.

"...Oh." Taehyung says, his gaze drifting. "And...V was out when Baekhyun...?"

"Yes. He didn't take it very well." Jungkook says watching Taehyung's facial expression closely.

"Okay." The brunette nods, turning away from Jungkook and walking into the living room.

"Are you okay?" The younger asks following him.

"...Yeah. I'm fine." Taehyung says sitting down. "I just...I don't know how to feel I guess."

"Do you need some time?" Jungkook asks. "I understand if you need some time."

"No, I need to talk to you about earlier, Jungkook."

"You don't have to do this now~"

"Please, Jungkook. Sit down ."

Jungkook sits down across from him, keeping a space between them.

Taehyung scoots closer, closing the space and taking Jungkook's hand. "Jungkook, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

"Taehyung~"

"No, I overreacted for reasons I really can't explain and that's not your fault. Okay? So, please forgive me for earlier." The older says looking up at him. "I was wrong."

"I forgive you, Taehyung. I was also wrong and I hope you can forgive me." Jungkook says.

"Of course I can." Taehyung says. "I know how Jongun can be and I know you want everyone to enjoy their time in the front."

"I'm sorry." The younger says.

"It's okay." Taehyung says, surprising Jungkook by pulling him into a hug. "You mean so much to the system and you do so much for us. I don't thank you enough."

"You don't have to thank me." Jungkook says hugging him back. "I want to be here."

Taehyung pulls away from the hug first. "I should eat before I trigger Hajoon."

"Should I cook?" The younger asks as they stand together.

"No, you know Hajoon meal preps for the meal plan." The brunette says. "Do you want one? They're a little bland but they actually aren't that bad."