46

"Can I get you anything?"

    "No."

Jungkook sighs, sitting on the couch next to Vic as the older tried to suppress his tears.

It was a casual morning at first, Taehyung fronted first and he and Jungkook planned to have dinner some place when Taehyung got off work.

Jungkook hadn't expected Vic to return in tears only a few hours later.

    "I'm fine, Jungkook." The brunette says tugging his tie from around his neck as he wipes his tears. "I'm sorry for being like this."

    "Don't apologize." The younger says. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Vic takes a deep breath, looking up at the ceiling as he exhales shakily. "Taehyung's mother died. A-And...And his father wants him to attend but of course I'd have to because Taehyung...he can't, y'know? And, I mean that's fine. I just...I need time to process everything but the funeral is tomorrow."

    "I'm so sorry, Vic." Jungkook says genuinely, his eyebrows drawing together in concern.

    "I'll be fine I just w-wish~" Vic heaves a sigh as he wipes his tears in frustration. "I wish he would've told me when she died. Not a fucking day before the funeral. That's bullshit."

Jungkook nods. "Would it make you feel better if I went with you?"

    "I don't think we should go alone." The brunette says running his fingers through his hair. "Her husband will be there with her step son...a-and I just rather not go alone."

    "That's fine. I'll go with you." The younger says.

Vic sighs, sitting back and looking up at the ceiling. "I shouldn't be crying. I'm supposed to be able to take this stuff."

    "It's okay to cry, Vic. You can cry and still be strong." Jungkook says.

Vic cracks a small smile. "How do you always know what to say?"

    "I just say what I think you need to hear." The younger shrugs.

    "Sometimes...I get flashbacks of what V and Minseok went through separately and I wonder how I would've reacted to certain situations or certain things that were said...and I wonder if I'm really any stronger than they were." The brunette says. "I like to think I'm strong but I...I didn't personally live through the trauma I just remember it as if I have. I don't have to worry about that ever happening to me but I wonder...I wonder how they did it. Y'know?"

    "Mhm." Jungkook nods, he often wondered the same things as well.

    "When I go to the funeral tomorrow I'll remember everything she did to them and everything she let happen to them...I'll feel their anger and pain but there'll be nothing I can do about it." Vic says, ignoring the tears falling down his face. "Maybe I'm stronger than them based on our current situation but...they'll always be the strongest out of all of us. Chaehyeon too...they're the ones who managed to stay alive through their trauma...I'm just here because they physically, mentally, and emotionally just couldn't take anymore than what they already had."

    "You're strong, Vic. All of you are strong, the strongest people I know." Jungkook says. "Don't invalidate yourself because you didn't personally live through their trauma. It takes a strong person to even just bare those memories."

Vic looks over at Jungkook with a sad smile. "Thank you for being here, Jungkook."

    "Of course. I'll be with you tomorrow too so don't worry." The younger says, but Vic was far more than worried.